3,043 results
All reviews pirate ship american grill villa group time share neptune restaurant taco bar one bedroom suite gold card paddle boarding murphy bed washer and dryer recommend villa full kitchen all inclusive package per device pool concierge bella california
Reviewed 29 December 2015

We love this resort. We have been 4 times this year. That pretty much says it all. We stay in the one bedroom unit. This trip we used the fully equipped kitchen extensively. There is a market on site and has most of what you would need. The resort is quiet and elegant. Staff is professional and courteous. Room is clean and very well appointed. We will be back!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I absolutely LOVE Cabo and Villa del Arco. (It must be said that I am an owner, my husband speaks fluent Spanish and my children are learning...i'm doing my best). I avoid the time share talks by simply explain, when I can, I will consider. I often tell them a head of time no. I don't by all inclusive due to my love for fresh caught seafood, daily surrounding activities, and good wine. The food and drinks are good....not great but good. The amenities and spa are fabulous which I take total advantage of. The grocery on site has saved me countless times. As an owner, I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot seeing I can bring my own food and drinks down and a 1 bedrooms suite and larger has a full kitchen. This is much more condo style with a resort setting. My kids love it too! I

Pros - cheap to buy food and drinks off site
- inexpensive taxi rides (just bring exact change)
- you can bring your own food and drinks to the pool as long as you don't have glass.
- awesome rooms w/ a grocery store on site and a Walmart, Costco, and grocery store a few minutes away if you are staying for a while
- security guards on site
- awesome 30,000 sq ft spa
-awesome work out facility. good tennis courts.

Cons
- Limited restaurants
-Time share workers (which we are owners)
-taxi drivers (through out) say they don't have change. Get change in currency.

FYI- I'm going back for a week in April and another week during the summer.

Stayed: July 2015
3  Thank Clarisa D
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Nice resort good for family and is quiet at night. Not a big party resort. Pools are awesome. Pool food is a little pricy if u are at the pool all day. I would recommend the taco bar at the pool. Excellent food at a better cost!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

I found Villa del Arco to be a fun family beach vacation with good overall value but not a lot to do onsite for two teenage girls. Pluses: being from NY and having gone to a couple of all inclusives in the Caribbean where food barely edible, we were pleasantly surprised by the food, which was decent, and good in some restaurants (we liked the South American grill for basic grilled food and good ceviche). I travel all over the world have had a lot of hotel spa massages - and have never had as many excellent ones as I had at the desert spa. Staff overall very friendly and always want to help.. Frederick on the waterfront is great! Nadia (concierge was the best of all in helping us) Rooms nothing fancy but spacious. Gym is very spacious with complete set of machines and cardio. (Ellipticals not in great shape and need maintenance though so I killed my knees running too much all week). Negatives: hard sell on timeshare upon arrival is tacky/annoying, resort could up its game on scheduled daily activities - not really much to do onsite. Guests should be able to use kayaks, paddle boards at anytime. Travel agents onsite don't speak great English and I was misinformed regarding the Cabo Adventures trips so recommend calling company directly yourself and booking ( they all speak excellent English) - luxury sailing excursion was amazing!

WiFi a huge negative - $10 (that's dollars not pesos) per day per device and it barely works and often does not work. If the hotel is going to charge that much for WiFi, it better work and work well. When we complained to staff about inoperable or useless WiFi, they pretty much shrugged their shoulders.

An overall fun vacation and good value (except the WiFi).

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank MarnieJR
Reviewed 29 December 2015

The weather was a nice surprise. Nice and cool. We usually go in spring or summer. This was the second trip of the year to this resort. Having the sister resorts gives you a lot of choices and the market Is outstanding. Found more new places to eat. It is fun to discover different places each time.

Room Tip: Just be careful with honor bar. It is nice to have if you really need something but it is not cheap. One time we just had them remove it altogether. This time it was not properly stocked in the beginning and when they fixed it they wanted to charge us for the item. It was easily fixed with the front desk. We discovered the locals bus for $1 to Walmart or downtown. It just doesn't come back from Walmart directly. Was fun to be out with the people of Cabo. Our favorite vacation spot.
Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple