“Absolutely Perfect Anniversary Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Lafayette, Colorado
“Absolutely Perfect Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I booked our trip on bookit.com and stayed 5 nights. It was absolutely beautiful.
As noted by other reviewers, its a very quiet resort. We loved that it was adults only as we needed a break from our teenage boys. The age of the guests probably skewed 40's-60's.
We had a first floor room with little view but that was ok for the price. We heard the waves crashing (like thunder) but little else.

We went to the workout facility everyday and while it wasn't like a top gym, it had the right equipment to get in a good workout (weights, cardio).

The pools were beautiful and the food served poolside was perfect. We eat gluten free and did not have a problem finding choices to eat. Go with the shrimp cocktail...some of the best I've ever had!
We ate breakfast everyday at the buffet...very tasty. We had dinner one night at the restaurant Siempre...recommend this. We also went to the Sunset and ate at LaFrida ...which was a great treat.
On the other nights, we ate at a few local spots which I would highly recommend. I had recently been to Cancun and was almost afraid to eat there but Cabo is more like the Carribean and we were never afraid to venture out. Highly recommend Mariscos las Tres Islas (nothing special to look at but fabulous food...we shared the "fish boat" ...yum! You know it's good food when the locales and the staff from neighboring restaurants eat there.
Also recommend going to Cabo Wabo...we had appetizers only but had the best time listening to the music, sharing margaritas and forgetting our life back home.
We also dined at Las Mariscadas. Again, a great meal.
All meals were well priced and an easy taxi ride into town from the Pacifica.

One day we took the shuttle to the Rose in town. Wow, what a difference from the Pacifica! It was spring break and it was crazy busy with kids and college students alike. We didn't realize how nice and quiet it was at Pacifica until then. We did eat at The Office for the experience of sitting on the beach in this famous place. Good lunch meal but very busy. Would recommend it for the experience.

Finally, we ate at a restaurant near the Marina in town (can't remember name).

I would highly recommend the Pacifica. It was not what I expected and I think that was a welcome surprise.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank schnoodlelover
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,025)
Vail, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I decided to book this resort for my 50th birthday bash! We had 18 couples fly down and we had the most amazing weekend ever! Check in was quick and easy, the rooms were clean and beautiful and the service was outstanding! Jesus Bermudez was our group sales contact and he made sure each of our cocktail parties and dinners were set up just the way we wanted them. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. Denise was also very helpful and professional. I know we kind of "took over" the property for a few days but most guests seemed fine with that. If you are looking for a beautiful place to have a wedding or group function this place is ideal. Our only negative experience was with reservations. A few of our guests upgraded and when we checked in, that did not happen. The front desk took care of all of our requests by the next night but the reservation department was hard to deal with and they took forever to respond to emails. Jesus did his best to fix that for us and I want to thank him again for making my "big" birthday bash a very memorable weekend! I know quite a few of our friends definitely want to come back to this resort and it's a great place to "reconnect" with your spouse!

Room Tip: Any room at this resort has great views but upgrade to building "A" considered "Ocean...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank FancyNancyVail
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We traveled to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica the last week in April. We have traveled to Cabo a few others times and were pretty happy with our other all-inclusive resort choices but wanted to branch out and try something new. I read through pages and pages of TA reviews on this hotels an decided that it was a good fit for what we were looking for and overall guests seemed to be happy with the food, drinks and service. Once we arrived I thought it was nice but to be honest I wasn't overwhelmed with how nice it was in comparison to some resorts we have stayed at. It was like a nice resort in Arizona on the beach not the typical lush garden type resort we typically stay at which I knew before booking of course. It didn't take me long to fall in love with this resort and completely understand what they are going for. I would say they have achieved what they are going for which is intimate smaller resort with a very relaxing serene vibe. We arrived in the evening and ate at the on site restaurant and the food and service was out of this world. We loved every minute of our dinner. We then had after dinner drinks at the little lounge off the main restaurant and the drinks were excellent and Fernando was outstanding and really tried hard to make us happy. The next day we decided we would go check out the other hotels Sunset Beach, Blanco and Rose. We grabbed a shuttle to the Rose as we wanted to get some beach activities in. The shuttle service was great and I must make a note that on our entire trip they were ALWAYS on time.... amazing kudos to Pueblo Bonito on this it would be hard to do but it was much appreciated. Special note make sure you stop by the little table outside the main entrance to book times for the shuttles as they always seemed full and you have to have a ticket. It was a nice way of doing it as you were not waiting for long periods of time to then not make it on the bus. If you had a ticket you had a seat. We had a fabulous time at the Rose hanging out on their beach lounge chairs, enjoying some margaritas and chips and salsa, swimming in the ocean and we even rented a Hobie Cat and sailed around the bay by ourselves for an hour. The second night we ate at La Bistro at the Sunset Beach. Be sure to make reservations with your concierge for other hotel dinning as well. We had a pre-dinner drink at their lounge (yummy espresso martini's) then on to dinner. One big tip at this place. We walked in and I was taken back because it was very loud and I felt very overdressed it wasn't what I expected at all. They asked if we wanted inside or outside seating so we took outside. This is a MUST if you want a nice quite relaxing romantic dinner. Dinner outside was fantastic. We had the best filet mignon we had ever had, melted in your mouth. The next day we relaxed and enjoyed the pool at our hotel the Pacifica and this is when we truly fell in love with this place. Going from hotel to hotel we understood what they are trying to accomplish at Pacifica. It is their holistic, spa resort. It is very quite, very peaceful and pure heaven. We laid by the quite pool, nice jazz music playing, waves crashing, and the best drink I have ever had. It is called the Esmeralda. You must give it a try. It is a girlie blended drink but it is truly amazing. That night we went back into town on the shuttle and ate at Fellini's at the Rose (again, you MUST make reservations for this place). OMG I can not say enough about the service at this place. I felt like we were royalty. They had one guy come to your table to go over drink options, another guy for the bread set up, another guy for the menu it went on and on they were so amazing. We had the herb roasted brick pressed chicken it was sooooooooooo good. We have been to Cabo 3 times and have never made a stop at Cabo Wabo so we decided to cab it there and check it out. Wasn't sure what that would be like as we are in our mid 30's I was picturing college kids going crazy having wet t shirt contests I have no idea why but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a super fun band, mainly people our age and older. It was worth the trip. We enjoyed our last few days relaxing at Pacifica, we played tennis, layed by the pool, played volleyball ate good food and amazing drinks it was just what two very busy parents needed for a perfect get away. We travel quite a bit and have been to Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico and such several times but this was only the only time my husband has ever said "This is a place I would like to come to once a year". So we are in the works of planning another trip to Pacifica next year. The service from the bar and restaurant set this place apart from other all-inclusives we have been to. The food was good and the drinks were fantastic which is not always the case when going the all-inclusive route. It is a bit windy and cooler since it is on the Pacific side but they do a great job with the glass shields. Bring a sweater for the evenings and go into town and hang out at the sister resorts if it is chilly one day it is much warmer in town. However with that being said I would pick the Pacifiica for a quite adults only vacation anytime over the other three Pueblo Bonito Resorts in Cabo, it is pure bliss...... A few standouts I want to mention are Fernando in the Simpre bar and Jesus one of the Simpre waiters there service was amazing thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mindy35
Ventura, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Apon check in, we were greeted by the bellman with champagne & wet towels. The hotel was so quiet & peaceful. We got a ocean front room which was amazing 4 th floor. This is a relaxing hotel, with couples, no singles. If your looking for party place this is not it. It's a nice place for a quiet getaway for couples. Great food too, and pool side service is excellent!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kventura
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is a beautiful property. The scale of the resort is quite small, which I really enjoyed in comparison to other large properties we have stayed at. The entire property is impecibly clean and the staff is very friendly. Not in an overly friendly way - just very helpful when you need them. The rooms have a simple and modern decor. The rooms are not terribly large, but do have everything that you need. The food is really wonderful. By far the best food I have ever had at an all-inclusive resort. There are no large buffets. Everything is table service and quite delicious. The resort is quiet and the beach is beautiful, but unswimable. Getting to town is about a 15 minute cab ride, not a big deal at all. The resort is adult only and I really enjoyed that. I would definitely suggest this property and would return again for our next trip to Cabo.

Room Tip: It seems as though all of the rooms have an ocean view. Some better than others, but still all very...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends