We got an unbelievable deal for this hotel on Nomorerack.com. $100 for 5D/4N!! When we bought the deal, we were initially skeptical as to how the resort would actually be but reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor reassured us.
We were assigned a room that was a long walk from the lobby and elevators and so we put in a request for a different room as I was 7 months pregnant at the time. The hotel made us wait for a bit but obliged us.
The first night we had dinner at the Whale Watchers bar. The menu was limited but the food was great - I must mention that even the presentation was really good. Price wise - not inexpensive but on par with the other restaurants in Cabo.
On our second day, we noticed big groups of kids and family arriving and I remember reading a review that the resort allows the groups from cruise ships to use their pools. Later we found out that they were from the Disney cruise. The pool was obviously crowded but it wasn't that bad. Luckily we didn't have to compete for pool space the next day as the cruise ship people didn't turn up.
Pros: 1) Great location - it's right on the marina - within walking distance of many nice restaurants and boat rides. And a short ride away from Medano beach. 2) Good service - the front desk staff were pretty accommodating with our requests. 3) We didn't encounter any time share sales people. 4) Beautifully constructed resort, it's so well integrated into the cliff that it's built on. Great views from the Whale watcher bar. 5) There is a fairly well stocked store at the base of the hill where you can buy snacks, drinks and food.
Cons - 1) The rooms are a little dated. 2)The walls and ceilings seem like they're made of paper - we were constantly disturbed by heavy dragging and walking noises from the room upstairs. (We did put in a complaint and were later informed that the room upstairs was being renovated and cleaned). 3) Having to share the pool with outsiders. 4) Only 2 pools are heated. 5) The pool restaurant sneakily added $20 to our bill on top of the tip amount. Getting these charges reversed took almost an hour. 6) There might have been bed bugs. When I mentioned this to the front desk while checking out, they just laughed it off.
We would definitely go back to the Finisterra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas