First let me state I like CVBR. So, this really is an informative FYI that should help you if you decide to stay at CVBR. As an vistor since 2003, I have seen this place change for the better in some places and stay the same in others. So, let me address some things you need to know.
- If you stay at CVBR you should know overall the property is nice and clean.
- CVBR is located right on Medano Beach which does make it easy to go to the beach. CVBR is located between Casa Dorado and Hotel Hacienda.
- CVBR also is behind The Office, Billigans and Mango Bars.
- Book your airport transport thru Cape Travel. This way once you land and get through customs you can get right in your van. Don’t wait till you get down. Taxi’s are like vultures looking for gringo’s like you.
With that said lets get you informed with CVBR.
Now, for room selection. If you get a room(s) with a pool view be sure to ask for building #2 or #3. Building #2 faces Hotel Hacienda and has its own pool. Very quite. Building #1 faces a smaller pool and is a bit older and noise is not too bad. If you take a pool view in building #3 be prepared for excessive noise from their music all day long. They blast music from this pool area until 8pm and it’s open to screaming kids. If, you take a room(s) in building #3 ocean view ask for floors 3-6. This will get higher and less noise again from their music (Baja Cantina). DON’T get floor #2 in building #1 or unit 1109/1110. These unit are some of the worst in the entire complex. Another bad floor overall is building #1 pool/ground level. No privacy at all and pool water splashes constantly.
Once you check in CVBR now has a quasi-mini bar in the rooms. This means they have put in your room things they think you may want both on the counter and in the refrigerator. The prices for their items are over- the-top. I recommend if you plan on doing your own stocking ask CVBR to take all of the stuff out of your room before you get settled in. This will save you a BIG headache later on when you check out. If, you don’t, I recommend you take full inventory of all items and take pictures for verification. Trust me, this will be good CYA.
If you are going to CVBR on your own or using someone’s timeshare be sure to ask for NO TIMESHARE PRESENTATION or BUILDING #2 WHICH THEY WILL PUT YOU I N A CRAPPY ROOM. CVBR, has to honor your request. If you want some freebee’s out of going to a presentation then ask for breakfast all week and a dinner. I have heard of others getting a dinner cruise too.
So, CVBR has a deal with Baja Cantina and Baja Brewing 10% off. Baja Cantina is on the beach. Best time to go is in the AM when their music is smooth Jazz. By noon, it changes to load music that they say has to be load so they can drown out Billigan’s music. Be sure to use the right side lounge chairs if you are facing the beach. They do have the area roped off from beach vendors, so pick a lounge chair in the middle to avoid vendors. Do not take lounges in first row. The vendors will talk to you all the time. Beware, if you do drink, you will pay a lot for drinks more than if you where at a bar. Tip here, bring your own beer/water in a bag with ice from your room (use the plastic laundry bag or new trash bag from the room). Then, ask server for a bucket. Charge everything to your room and make sure you get a copy of the receipt. Another CYA when you check out. Towels are free to use. Be sure to return them and get a copy of towel use. Baja Brewing is not bad great views just nobody around. Your better deal would be to go into town. You cannot charge to your room on Sat since that is check in-out days.
FRI/Sat will be the loudest at CVBR. Music can last until 2am. Internet is ok but slow WIFI. Only 12 TV channels. Not sure why since the bars have SKY TV. They have dinner shows all week. Some are ok others just go to town. Eat at Baja Cantina and see the shows for free and get better meals then what they are offering for the show. The best waiter/ bar tender is Martin at the top pool bar. He makes a great Mojito. Bring him a Music DVD and he will treat you like a king all week. Some other staffers on the other hand could care less about you and your vacation. The Spa is over priced. You could get better deals at other resorts. They do have a mini mart now. The beer is actually cheaper here then the resort. Go figure. If I can be of any more help shoot me an email Daniel@msplusinc.com or I can save you a bit on renting units down their. Our Bayview or Ocean Front 2bd/2bth cheap for the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel situated on Medano Beach, the most popular stretch of sand in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo Villas is a family owned resort with 138 custom built suites and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and Land's End. Amenities include fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet in all areas, satellite TV, three pools, 10-person ocean view Jacuzzi, oceanfront beach club, four on-site restaurants and bars, a world-class spa and personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere. Located in the "Heart of Cabo", the resort is within easy walking distance to all major attractions including Medano Beach, the marina, Puerto Paraiso Mall, downtown and numerous restaurants and night clubs. With stunning views of the Sea of Cortez, Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for travelers who seek quality service while enjoying the best of the Cabo San Lucas lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cabo Villas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Villas Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Hotel Beach
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos