I would like to first say that I am an RCI and Interval Member and have exchanged my vacation weeks at numerous locations in Mexico and the states. This was the worst place that I have ever stayed! If you exchange your room through RCI they put you in the "Original" which is apparently Spanish for "Old and Dirty". The showers were filthy, the walls were not painted. I was suppose to have a room with a private bedroom and had no such thing. It was just one big open room with a short concrete wall to divide the den. The shower drain and shower pressure were horrible and there was no tub. They also did not have good shower curtains so every time you took a shower your whole bathroom floor was wet. Even after I complained about all these items they were still never fixed even though the front desk manager Moises promised me that they would be. I also found Moises to be very condescending and unhelpful in general.
Be very careful! The people who enjoyed their stay here were probably in the newer towers. Those rooms were nice, but when I requested that I be moved to an unoccupied room they would not do it even when we offered to give up our two "one bedroom" units in the old tower to share a one bedroom unit in the new tower. They wanted to charge us an additional $600 fee for the other room when we were giving up two rooms and were only staying two more days even though the room was unoccupied!
There were a few good things about the hotel. I liked its close proximity to the marina, mall, and the Baja Cantina. The staff overall was very nice despite management's unhelpful attitude. The spa that they had on the premises was awesome as well, it is just too bad that the level of service that they give there isn't consistent throughout the entire resort.
I would NEVER stay here again and if you decide to, please be sure that you are not in the original tower. I understand that all hotels have older rooms, but they should at least make sure that they are clean and present them in the best light possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel situated on Medano Beach, the most popular stretch of sand in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo Villas is a family owned resort with 138 custom built suites and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and Land's End. Amenities include fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet in all areas, satellite TV, three pools, 10-person ocean view Jacuzzi, oceanfront beach club, four on-site restaurants and bars, a world-class spa and personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere. Located in the "Heart of Cabo", the resort is within easy walking distance to all major attractions including Medano Beach, the marina, Puerto Paraiso Mall, downtown and numerous restaurants and night clubs. With stunning views of the Sea of Cortez, Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for travelers who seek quality service while enjoying the best of the Cabo San Lucas lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cabo Villas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Villas Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Hotel Beach
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos