1,205 results
All reviews baja brewery bayview suites vip card mango deck hot tub on the balcony beach staff beach bar can't beat the location room location ocean front water activities infinity pool full kitchen spring break room number beach vendors sushi
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Cabo Villas Resort and Spa, What a Jewel of a resort in Cabo San Lucas. As an avid traveler to Cabo since the late 70's I was aware of this land site. Originally family owned home on the top of the hill overlooking Medrano Beach I always said someday I would own that home. Well little did I know dreams can come true, however it was in the form of a Vacation ownership on what became Cabo Villas Beach Resort and Spa
My first stay was in an Executive one bedroom suite with the most incredible view of the Marina. My Executive Bedroom Suite had so much ambiance with a Jacuzzi bath, glass enclosed shower, well decorated and very comfortable. The internet access was available throughout the resort at no additional charge so take your IPad. The Jacuzzi on the balcony added to an experience of true realization. The resort offers guest quality surroundings and wonderful service. All the staff there went far beyond their duty to make my vacation a memorable one. Loved the three pool areas and the fact that it was so close to the beach and all the famous restaurants close by.
Every relaxing location spot in the resort gives you a full view of the Gulf and Arch. The quant restaurants offers excellent service and delicious food at a reasonable price and the nightly Happy Hour is not to be missed. . A wide variety of Restaurants and Bars are close by, town is a short walk, no need to rent a car or take a taxi. Must try Sharky’s Tacos that is adjacent to Cabo Villas.
My vacation week was far above expectations and I look forward to my next stay at Cabo Villas.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful and usually assigned at check in unless you have reserved well in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Cabo4me2
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I just came home from a vacation with a group of six. I know we were lucky as my friends own a timeshare there and got a Oceanfront 1 bedroom with a hot tub on the deck and a second studio lock off unit. My brother and wife got a deluxe 1 bedroom. This gave me a good idea of 3 different room types. Having a kitchen and nice deck really made for a relaxing stay. While my brother and sister in law did the time share presentation I just said no and it was fine. The thing that makes this hotel so nice is they have a good variety of food onsite and not high priced. I really liked going next door to the Hacienda for two dinners. The best was being able to walk to the Marina and being right on the beach was the best perks. After a few days we discovered all the great $2 fish taco places downtown which was a nice treat. If I had a negative to this property it would be the less than desirable pool which for most of the day is in the shade. While the location is wonderful some rooms won't have much of a view but if you stick to rooms above the 4th floor you should be fine. I did a quick check online for resale timeshares and found several in the $700-1500 price range which sure sounds alot better than the $7500 offered to my brothe for a one week 1 bedroom.. I'm very tempted to buy a timeshare just so I can come back to Cabo. It had been quite a while since I had visited and thought the town and beach very fun and with the friendly staff at Cabo Villa its a very nice place to spend a week or more. They were also quite flexible in allowing us a 11 pm checkout which was nice on the last day.
Overall the pros far outweigh the cons and this property has the rooms, location, food and service to rate it a top pick to visit.

Room Tip: try to get a room above the 4th floor and if you get a room facing the marina your more likely to get one with afternoon sun, but any view is wonderful if you can get one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank davidgmg
Reviewed 5 February 2012

After two weeks at Cabo Villas this January, I'm happy to say that the things that make this resort so enjoyable are still true, and some things have been improved to make a stay here both relaxing and worthwhile.

For us, the people who work at Cabo Villas are its heart and soul. From the moment we walk in each year until the day we leave, they are warm, friendly and unfailingly hospitable. We stay at other resorts as well, some of them fancier, others more luxurious or better appointed. Where they cannot compete with Cabo Villas, however, is in their employees and the sense of being welcome and at home. The rooms are very comfortable and well-cared for, the pool lounge chairs are great, and all of this creates an atmosphere that encourages guests to linger and to relax.

Location is another factor and Cabo Villas is perfect in that regard. Everything in town is in walking distance and that wonderful stretch of Medano Beach is the best way to start or end a day. In the past, this prime location also meant dealing with the non-stop noise/music from the bars and party animals on the beach. Apparently, someone in management heard the complaints from previous years because the music at CV's own pool bar has been turned way down and the speakers on the beach no longer blast the resort. We arrived this year on Christmas Day and my first thought, because of the noticeable and welcome quiet, was that no one was on the beach. In fact, Medano was completely packed and, down there, the music was loud and raucous, but the resort? Not a peep from the beach. It was heavenly, and we spent every spare moment on our patio, enjoying the breeze and the peace.

Baja Brewing is still going strong on top of the CVR building, but live bands play just three nights a week now and only until 10:15-10:30, not the previous 11:00. Wednesday is karaoke night at the upper pool bar and I understand that noise can go on for quite awhile. My advice? Call the front desk if it's after hours or join in, if you can. It's a great time and you don't have to sing unless you want to, but it is a lot of fun. I went for the first time this year and will definitely make it a habit for my future Wednesday nights.

New Bayview-style buildings are, apparently, in-the-future works, with a new pool and other amenities planned. I don't know when construction will start, but it seems to be a sign that Cabo Villas is well and thriving. WiFi is free to owners, which is a huge deal, NOT available at all resorts, and worked well and consistently for the most part. C'mon, it's vacation, people, step away from your laptops.

While I would selfishly like to keep Cabo Villas to myself, I'm posting this review because I hope those who've stayed away might be encouraged to return, that newcomers will feel as welcome as we do. This isn't the perfect resort, I'm not even sure such a thing exists, and yes, there are a few rooms without views of any kind and if you're on the sixth floor below Baja Brewing on the nights the band plays, well, they will stop. But in terms of hospitality, location and comfort, Cabo Villas is the best place to be in Cabo San Lucas.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JustATravelerWest
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Our trip started out on a bad note, left a bag on the shuttle service, however the front desk was amazing and went out of their way to help us get it back, expecially Gabriel ( as he came to be known 'the angel' for my mom). Everyone has been friendly and gone out of their way and even remembered us from last year. This is my second time there and it is like returning home after being gone a while.
Even the managers took time to talk to us and get to know us ( Noel) and made us feel at home.
Close to diving ( Andromeda Divers)- who remembered me, the beach, close to town for shopping and Cabo Wabo ( great food, drinks)
The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and we had a great time. Watching the sun come up every morning with a cup of coffee, and reading a book, was the way our mornings went after using the gym in the morning. I would recommend the location and hotel/vacation rentals/timeshares.

Room Tip: higher up has the better views, and avoid the people at the airport- JUST say NO ( multiple times)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We had a great time! Our room was large and very clean. We had a small kitchen with a fridge, stovetop, but not an oven. Our balcony overlooked one of the 3 pools and the ocean. Although the bacony faced NE and we missed the sunshining in we had great views of the sunrise every morning. Our bed was terrific and the bathroom very spacious.
The staff were great. We loved our housekeeper. Everyone was helpful from the front desk to the beach service.
We had the choice of sitting the the restaurant's beach area or go next door to the public beach. Both were wonderful.
This hotel had good events happening there, but the best part was location to all of the great areas of Cabo!!! Fun restaurants just down the street or just take a 10 minute walk to the hub of activity by the marina.. a little further to old town and more great restaurants. It was VERY SAFE!!!! I would go back in a flash!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple