1,218 results
All reviews baja brewery bayview suites bedroom executive suite swing bar new tower beach staff hot tub on the balcony can't beat the location room location ocean front water activities infinity pool beach chairs full kitchen spring break room number beach vendors
Reviewed 5 February 2012

After two weeks at Cabo Villas this January, I'm happy to say that the things that make this resort so enjoyable are still true, and some things have been improved to make a stay here both relaxing and worthwhile.

For us, the people who work at Cabo Villas are its heart and soul. From the moment we walk in each year until the day we leave, they are warm, friendly and unfailingly hospitable. We stay at other resorts as well, some of them fancier, others more luxurious or better appointed. Where they cannot compete with Cabo Villas, however, is in their employees and the sense of being welcome and at home. The rooms are very comfortable and well-cared for, the pool lounge chairs are great, and all of this creates an atmosphere that encourages guests to linger and to relax.

Location is another factor and Cabo Villas is perfect in that regard. Everything in town is in walking distance and that wonderful stretch of Medano Beach is the best way to start or end a day. In the past, this prime location also meant dealing with the non-stop noise/music from the bars and party animals on the beach. Apparently, someone in management heard the complaints from previous years because the music at CV's own pool bar has been turned way down and the speakers on the beach no longer blast the resort. We arrived this year on Christmas Day and my first thought, because of the noticeable and welcome quiet, was that no one was on the beach. In fact, Medano was completely packed and, down there, the music was loud and raucous, but the resort? Not a peep from the beach. It was heavenly, and we spent every spare moment on our patio, enjoying the breeze and the peace.

Baja Brewing is still going strong on top of the CVR building, but live bands play just three nights a week now and only until 10:15-10:30, not the previous 11:00. Wednesday is karaoke night at the upper pool bar and I understand that noise can go on for quite awhile. My advice? Call the front desk if it's after hours or join in, if you can. It's a great time and you don't have to sing unless you want to, but it is a lot of fun. I went for the first time this year and will definitely make it a habit for my future Wednesday nights.

New Bayview-style buildings are, apparently, in-the-future works, with a new pool and other amenities planned. I don't know when construction will start, but it seems to be a sign that Cabo Villas is well and thriving. WiFi is free to owners, which is a huge deal, NOT available at all resorts, and worked well and consistently for the most part. C'mon, it's vacation, people, step away from your laptops.

While I would selfishly like to keep Cabo Villas to myself, I'm posting this review because I hope those who've stayed away might be encouraged to return, that newcomers will feel as welcome as we do. This isn't the perfect resort, I'm not even sure such a thing exists, and yes, there are a few rooms without views of any kind and if you're on the sixth floor below Baja Brewing on the nights the band plays, well, they will stop. But in terms of hospitality, location and comfort, Cabo Villas is the best place to be in Cabo San Lucas.

2  Thank JustATravelerWest
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Our trip started out on a bad note, left a bag on the shuttle service, however the front desk was amazing and went out of their way to help us get it back, expecially Gabriel ( as he came to be known 'the angel' for my mom). Everyone has been friendly and gone out of their way and even remembered us from last year. This is my second time there and it is like returning home after being gone a while.
Even the managers took time to talk to us and get to know us ( Noel) and made us feel at home.
Close to diving ( Andromeda Divers)- who remembered me, the beach, close to town for shopping and Cabo Wabo ( great food, drinks)
The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and we had a great time. Watching the sun come up every morning with a cup of coffee, and reading a book, was the way our mornings went after using the gym in the morning. I would recommend the location and hotel/vacation rentals/timeshares.

Room tip: higher up has the better views, and avoid the people at the airport- JUST say NO ( multiple times)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We had a great time! Our room was large and very clean. We had a small kitchen with a fridge, stovetop, but not an oven. Our balcony overlooked one of the 3 pools and the ocean. Although the bacony faced NE and we missed the sunshining in we had great views of the sunrise every morning. Our bed was terrific and the bathroom very spacious.
The staff were great. We loved our housekeeper. Everyone was helpful from the front desk to the beach service.
We had the choice of sitting the the restaurant's beach area or go next door to the public beach. Both were wonderful.
This hotel had good events happening there, but the best part was location to all of the great areas of Cabo!!! Fun restaurants just down the street or just take a 10 minute walk to the hub of activity by the marina.. a little further to old town and more great restaurants. It was VERY SAFE!!!! I would go back in a flash!

1  Thank AlbertaLulu
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We are long time owners at Cabo Villas and just returned from 3 weeks and as always had a wonderful stay. The staff is always ready to accomodate you to make your stay feel like your second home. The area around Cabo Villas has great restaurants, the beach is the best and it is an easy walk to town. If the beach activity is to crazy just walk a ways and you can find just what you want. Can't wait till we go back!

Room tip: There are variety of rooms but always try to get above the 3rd floor. Except for a few rooms all have ocean views from nice balconies. Ocean front units and Bay VIew Suites are the newest and very nice - but we have never had a terrible room.
Date of stay: December 2011
4  Thank stonecutter53
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband and I recently came back from Cabos San Lucas and we stayed at Cabos Villas. We have mixed feelings about this place and we will leave it to you to decide whether this is the place for you!

THE BAD

*Be careful of the so-called "free breakfast" or "freebies", the hotel people are out to get you to buy a timeshare! We were warned and prepared for it so we booked our adventures with (Cabo Adventure 5 STAR to that one) and our hotel concierge said that they would have given us half the price we got at Cabo Adventure but guess what.. that means you need to waste 1 day to listen to the timeshare sale pitch.. NO THANK YOU!

*The towel situation! First thing first, you will need to go to front desk to get the towel (that's right, same place where people check in-out). Second, once you go to the pool area, it will be hard for you to get a lounge chair to tan because EVERYONE has a towel on the chair but yet, NO ONE SHOWS UP FOR HOURS!!! I was at the pool for maybe 4 hrs and there were only like 5 people in the pool but all chairs were taken! Third, when you return your towel, make sure you see the guys checking off your name otherwise, they will try to charge you a penalty fee when you are checking out of the hotel. They tried to do that to me saying i didn't return 4 towels and I flipped out! I told them, "well, you know we wouldn't have this problem if you guys do your job of checking in-out people and hire someone else to take care of the towels.. its not my fault that you guys can't juggle between different tasks such as the towels!"

*We were leaving on a Sunday morning but we got a letter slipped under the door on a Friday 10pm saying that by the next morning, we needed to be packed by 9am because the doorman was going to get our luggage to the reception area, but we were going to get a room until 4pm! I don’t want to be bothered to pack-unpack-and pack again for the next day when we leave.. plus i need to go in-out of the room since we had couple of excursion to do throughout the day! After all the complaining (Friday evening + Saturday morning), the manager MOISES apologized and let us stayed in our room!

*Room and shower not very impressive. Our room and bathroom was not very fancy as they show it on the website (they only show you the newly renovated rooms). The shower is the worst...terrible WATER pressure!!!!! We met a friend during the stay who did stay in the newly built suites and WOW..simply beautiful!!! Just be careful of the rooms you are booking!

*The convenience store - there's one in the hotel but it's expensive! Left to the entrance of the hotel, there are couple of store you can get your drinks and snacks. There's also one at the Marina which is walking distance from the hotel.

*Not sound proof walls! There's karaoke night on Weds through 1am so it will be hard to sleep through all that noise especially listening to the American Idol Rejects & drunks!

THE GOOD!

*SPA was the best thing in this hotel - very clean and professional, overall one of the best spa's I’ve had in my life!

*2 for 1 happy hr - there's one in the pool area everyday around 4pm.

*Location wise, this place is the best spot to be on, close to The Arch/Lovers Beach, Marina, jetski rentals, water taxi, and close to other eatery (must go next door to 'The Office' for breakfast or lunch.)

Restaurants

*Baja Cantina is the hotel restaurant, entrance to the beach or be on the beach. Good food. Service is good but they can be a little faster when you ask for the check.

*Baja Brewery is the restaurant above with impressive view of the Arch. Food was not that good for me. I think I enjoyed the mist before than anything especially on a hot summer day. This place is good for large group.

Date of stay: July 2011