“Love to Dive”

Andromeda Divers
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 14 November 2015

I like using Andromeda because I trust the people who operate the business and accompany you on the dive. The prices are reasonable. I take the shuttle offered by my resort on the Pacific side and walk down Medano Beach to access the shop. I usually do a two tank dive. They have always been super.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We had a total of five people all getting open water certified. All of the staff were super friendly and helpful. We saw other dive boats that had an average of 8-10 divers so it was nice to be with a smaller dive team so we could learn more one to one. We will be visiting again, hopefully soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

My son had expressed an interest in learning about scuba diving during our recent trip to Cabo San Lucas. We had made a few inquiries but did not find anyone who my son wanted to work with. We were at Medano beach and had the good fortune of meeting Miguel (Mike) Alighieri at Andromeda Divers. As Mike asked us what we wanted for our son and what he sought to learn for his own development and enjoyment, I was immediately impressed by the comprehensive and thoughtful approach that Mike took. Mike identified several options for my son and clearly described what would be involved under each scenario. We made arrangements for Mike to take my son out and Mike even had someone pick up our son at the marina, as opposed to having us travel from the Grand Solmar to Medano beach. My son had a blast and described everything he saw. (Pretty impressive to have my 16 year old hockey and lacrosse playing son to behave like he was 10 again!) I am very pleased with our experience and I plan to go with my son to go scuba with Mike when we are back in Cabo San Lucas.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

We had lunch and afternoon drinks here. The service was good. The price was a little bit high, but the location is excelent. The restaurant is a patio-deck with 4 tables, with a direct view to Medano beach and The Arch.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

We are a family of five who went to Cabo for spring break. While there we figured we'd get scuba certified. The owners of Andromeda Divers, Miguel and Sonja, were at the shop each morning ready to go. Their prices are very reasonable, and everything is low key--no pressure up sales, nothing. Very nice people who treated us fairly and honestly. When we emailed them to inquire about setting things up, Sonja replied promptly and we settled on a plan quickly. When we showed up, Sonja was there and Miguel was ready to get us started. They both speak excellent English and Spanish. Sonja also speaks German.

Rene was out Dive Master. His English is very good and we had no communication problems at all. He is exceptionally competent, knowledgable, and a wonderful instructor. One of my kiddos has anxiety issues and Rene was great with him--kept him calm, in control, and got us all certified. He took us to the north wall, pelican rock, land's end--and if I didn't suck so much air he'd have gotten us to a wreck.

Gabi came on every dive with us as a videographer. Again, no high pressure sales, just an option if you wanted pictures. Initially I thought we'd not need pictures as we had our own GoPro, but he pictures of us, the sea lions, sharks, etc were top rate and we purchased 3 days worth of photos that Gabi took. Her pricing was very, very reasonable.

Once certified, we thought we take a day off from diving and go whale watching. For less, per person, than one of the big whale watching operations we rented their dive boat for two hours. Absolutely worth it. The big operations may offer snacks, beer, etc; but we loaded up the dive boat with whatever we wanted to bring and it was just the five of us. The big operations pack you in like sardines, and if the whales are on the port side and you are on the starboard side, I guess you're out of luck. Not an issue when renting their boat. Further, the big boats are slow. Our little boat was fast and nimble. The guides would see the whales and we'd dart right over to prime viewing/picture taking vantage points. It was great, and I can't recommend this enough. (They actually send someone out early, early in the a.m. to scout out where the whales are so that you are almost guaranteed to see whales on your trip.)

Location: The other dive shops in Cabo are in the marina area. Andromeda is on Medano beach, so it is walking distance down the beach from most of the non-marina resorts. This is a huge plus.

This is a great little family business that's been around for 30 years for a reason. Excellent service at a good value provided by qualified, friendly people.

1  Thank Eric J