Stayed at PB Sunset Beach for two weeks in March 2012. Weather was fantastic, the humidity of the summer months hadn't come in yet. This resort is beautiful and so well maintained. There are flowering shrubs and flowers everywhere. The rooms are immaculate and very large. (Better than any other place I've stayed.) We were in a 2 bedroom 2 bath the first week and a one bedroom 2 bath the second week and both were very nice. Every unit has a balcony with a view of the Pacific ocean. The maids come in daily and clean your unit until it shines.
Service is a top priority. The staff is here to help you and make your vacation a great time. All the staff I encountered went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful!! The other thing about this resort is security! It is a gated resort and every vehicle in and out has to check in at the guard station. I never felt at risk here.
The resort is built on the side of a mountain and is very hilly. If you're in shape or want some exercise you can walk up and down the hills from your building to the main lobby area etc. OR you can call for a transport cart to take you to your destination. Just call from your room and by the time you get to the front of your building the cart is waiting to transport you. A few times we had to wait a minute or two for the cart but this was rare. I had stayed here several years ago and we waited a long time for the carts. PB has obviously improved the cart service and it is now a great feature.
There are pools (including one adult only pool) all around the reosrt (I think 9 pools) and you can use any of them. You CANNOT swim in the ocean at PB Sunset due to the strong ocean currents. (You can swim in the ocean at PB Rose, sister resort.) All have towel booths so you don't have to lug your big pool towels with you for the week. All the pools we went to had pool bars where you could order drinks, light snacks or lunch. Try going to the "Sky pool" at the highest spot in the resort that overlooks everything. Unbelievable view.
There is an "all inclusive" option that we tried for three days and it was very reasonable. We like to try other restaurants and eat at home some nights so we didn't want to do more than three days. It was a good value for the money, especially if you like to have a few cocktails which are included.
The resort is a bit far away from downtown Cabo but there is a shuttle, which runs once an hour, that goes to the sister resort, Pueblo Bonito Rose. You can walk to downtown and the marina area from there if you don't mind a little walking. If you don't want to or can't walk far you can still take the shuttle to the Rose and then take a cab downtown for about $6.00. A cab from PB Sunset to downtown cost us between $10.00 and $12.00 depending on where we went. To take the shuttle bus you do need a ticket (free) that you get in the main foyer area. The last return bus of the evening gets full sometimes so be sure to reserve your return spot when you get off the bus upon arrival at the Rose.
If you like to cook and plan on buying groceries take the shuttle to Rose and then take a cab to Walmart from there. Stock up for the week and take a cab from Walmart back to the Sunset. Prices are reasonable. You will not be able to take groceries on the shuttle bus between resorts. The cab fare from Walmart to Sunset was around $18.00. The prices at the small resort market are very expensive! There is also a Costco and Sams Club in the area but we didn't try either so I can't comment on them.
There are actvities at the resort but again, I didn't partake, so I can't comment.
It was just a great, relaxing vacation surrounding by a breathtakingly beautiful resort. I love it here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos