“Great Set Up”

Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 9
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cabo Blue is a fun outside bar featuring a friendly staff, great drink specials, fresh made American/Mexican food and live bands 7 days a week!!! Watch all your favorite American, Canadian and Mexican sports on our 14 HiDef TV's! Ladies night Mondays, $1.50 beer Tuesdays and different specials every day of the week!! Try our special "Blue" drinks and famous shots like the Rainbow or a Baby Guiness! Hungry? We specialize in fresh food for great prices! Our regulars say we have the best burger and fries in Cabo along with the best fish tacos around! Check us out and you'll see why!!
Reviewed 1 March 2012

These folks really have it going here. I neat little out side bar, TVs for sports, friendly atmosphere and great food The grilled shrimp tacos were my favourite in all of Cabo.

CaboBlueBar, Owner at Cabo Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our little bar. Being from Florida, my wife and I love outside tiki style bars and this is what we built here. Reminds us of Key West but better weather! We may be small but I believe we have a lot going on! I love our grilled shrimp tacos too and I have them at least once a week!

Thanks again,

Scott

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Great drink & food specials everyday! Fantastic staff & owners!! Make sure you try the wings & burger!!!! Everything we had was excellent. This is an almost daily stop when we are in town!

CaboBlueBar, Owner at Cabo Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Hi Cyndi,

We too think we are the best sports bar in town! We love sports and that's why for such a small bar we have the most TV's and Sat receivers in town. We also subscribe to ALL the sports packages so we can make sure we can get any game a guests might request. With 9 TV's and 7 satellite receivers everyone can have what they want. And the way our bar is designed every bar stool has a great seat!

And... what more could someone want while watching sports but burgers and wings! Our burgers are homemade and our fries are hand cut! No way we could do frozen. We aren't a 5 Star restaurant but we think we are the best "Bar Food" in Cabo. I'm glad you enjoyed our food!

See you next time you're in town!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We were looking for a quick, cheap eatery, and hubby wanted a burger. TA members rated this place highly for just that...and it is the first time I have regretted going with a TA choice. Burger was chewy, drinks served in plastic cups, clearly more of a late night party place for youngsters. It is cheap, but food is meh...

2  Thank nbuttercups
CaboBlueBar, Owner at Cabo Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Hi Nbuttercups,

I'm so sorry you did not enjoy your experience at our bar. I'm not sure how you had a "chewy" burger as our burgers are made of fresh ground beef and cooked over an actual gas grill. I could understand if they were frozen like most burgers in Cabo but ours are hand made fresh every day. Also, I'm surprised we didn't hear about this while you were there. We ask every customer how they like their food and if there is ever a problem we correct it or it's free. Anyways, you had a bad experience and for that I'm truly sorry and I hope to one day get a second chance to impress you.

For the plastic cups, if you noticed everyone at the bar was drinking from glass. We only serve plastic out on the tables because of how many glasses get broken. Most bars in Cabo serve only plastic cups and we have have nice hand blown glasses from a local factory. We try to prevent them from getting broken so we only serve them at the bar.

I'm surprised you think our bar is for a late night party place for youngsters. Far from it. Although we do have a younger crowd after 11 on Saturday nights and sometimes on Tuesdays the majority of our customers are 35-65 years old.

I encourage you to give us another chance next time you can. And please, ask for me so that I can give you my personal attention.

Thanks,

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stopped in there on my way back from shopping, had lunch and thought WOW, GREAT food. I told my wife and son, the 3 of us went there for supper, my wife had the "Mexican Hamburger", my son had the American Hotdog and I had the loaded nachos with chicken. After just about 2 weeks in Cabo, my wife said this is the best meal we have had during our time in Cabo. I agreeed, the loaded nachos with the refried beans were the best I have ever had anywhere. My son who had the American hotdog was just as impressed with his meal. I can't say enough of how great the food and service was and is,as well as the couple who own and run this place. My only regret, I wish I would have found this place on day 1 instead of my second last day in Cabo. Keep up the GREAT food/service and ice cold beer, I'll be back next year but it will be on day 1 of my holiday next time so I can work my way through the entire menu. CHEERS, Bill from CANADA

CaboBlueBar, Owner at Cabo Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Hi Bill,

I'm so glad you brought your family back and that you enjoyed our food so much! I remember you. We talked at the corner of the bar just as I was finishing work. It was a pleasure talking to you and it's too bad you found us at the end of your trip. It seems to happen a lot to us. We meet cool people only to find out they leave the next day. We need to encourage people to check us out on day one!! And I promise you, when you come back to work your way through the menu you will be pleased!!

See ya next time!!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great ambience for late night drinks! Amanda is great and you can enjoy the outdoors while drinking, eating and have fun people watching..

Hi Rhonda,

Thank for writing a review of our little bar. Our bar used to be in the back of the plaza and it was our goal from the beginning to move the bar closer to the sidewalk where it is now. We love to people watch and now it's a great bar to do just that. Thanks for mentioning Amanda is great. She is and lots of people come just to meet her. A friendly blond girl with an English accent sure throws people off when they first meet her. Not what they expect in Mexico! We agree that we have a fun outside bar. It's everything you can ask for in Cabo.

thanks again for the review!