“Small, basic, but great for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cabo Cush Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Small, basic, but great for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

First of all, if you're traveling to Cabo San Lucas and looking to stay at a fancy resort along the beach with all inclusive amenities, then Cabo Cush will not be the hotel for you. However, if you're traveling to San Lucas with a budget trip in mind (or at least a budget for where you will be sleeping) then Cabo Cush hotel is a great bargain. Located just 4 blocks from the main tourist strip (where Squid Roe is), Cabo Cush is a two story hotel with about 16 guest rooms, all very spacious with king size beds and AC units. All guest rooms have satellite TV and private bathrooms. Some rooms offer an extra double bed in the room. For a budget traveler, a room at Cabo Cush will cost you only 600 pesos (about $50usd). While running water doesn't get steaming hot, it is warm enough for a shower (albeit not a strong shower flow). Cabo Cush provides towels and cloth hangars, but besides that, you're pretty much on your own for other amenities. The hotel offers free wi-fi to all guests (just ask for the password) and has a gate and security guard at night. Again, this hotel is not a vacation resort, it is a basic hotel in a great location for a pretty good price. The owner and staff are very nice and accommodating, and will help you with any needs you might have.

Pros:
-Great location
-Friendly staff
-Large beds
-Good price
-Free wi-fi

Cons:
-Weak shower
-Not on the beach

Recommended for:
-Singles
-Partygoers
-Budget travelers

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a view. Some rooms are smoking, so be sure to ask for a non smoking room at c...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jbeeb
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Stayed for a total of 3 nights. Friends that stayed at another hotel nearby at a much higher cost were very impressed with our hotel. Very clean, nice bed with new linens, roomy, no problems with wi-fi. Far enough away from the city center but close enough for safe daily walks to the marina area. Can't say enough good about this place. They even helped me make a long-distant? call to Lapaz. We hung wet clothes outside to dry with no problem. This truly is a gem of a hotel for less than $50.00. There was some traffic noise but that's to be expected in a town like Cabo. We walked around at night and felt completely safe.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kathy98201
El Pescadero, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

We're very fond of Cabo and this trip the airlines made it worth traveling 2 days earlier than we would ordinarily. Check-in was easy (although I did manage to drive a block in the wrong direction). Clean and well lighted place with very friendly staff. When i asked if I could buy ice at the corner store, Jeffery offered us a bag he had in his own place!

I like Mexico and I enjoy hanging out with Mexican people. This hotel reminds me of my neighborhood at home. I even played street volleyball with some of the "boys in the hood".
e
Salud Jesus, Geraldo, and Victor and Hefe Jeffe'

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Todos Santos
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

You get what you pay for....A friend and I needed a place to stay for a night out with friends in Cabo. Both the slick little brochure I had seen, along with going to the hotel's very professionally designed website had us thinking we may have found a hidden gem, so we booked a room. What was marketed and presented as a contemporary, clean and new, inexpensive place to stay in the heart of the business district, was extremely disappointing upon arrival. We called ahead to let them know we would be checking in late, and the manager was kind enough to be waiting on the sidewalk by the time we arrived, around 10:30pm. There was no obvious parking, but he directed us to a dark sidestreet around the corner and met us in the back, then locked the gate. We seemed to be the only guests.
The first room he took us to reeked of smoke, so we asked for another room. It was an improvement, odor-wise, and there was a king bed and a twin. The first thing I saw were all the stains on the bedspread...very gross. The manager soon returned with a cable box for the TV, and a code for me to get online. He put the AC on for us, and there was an old fashioned fan attached to the wall above the TV that he turned on as well. He came back a second time with towels, wash cloths and little packets of Pantene shampoo.
We were pretty tired and not up to looking for another place at that hour, so looked at each other and knew as the troopers we are, we would be ok for just a night...no big deal. When I turned down the bed, there were holes all over the top sheet....ugh! looked like maybe cigarette burns...really tacky, and hard to make the best of it, but I did.
Not sure who Cabo Cush is catering to, obviously clients with low expectations...but they sure hired some classier person to market it! WE fell for it. To be honest, the place has potential to be what it says it is...with some major cosmetic surgery....the lighting was horrible, the linens were shabby and dirty. If they put as much effort and money into upgrading the decor and overall feel of the rooms, as they have into their advertising, they might stand a chance as a cool place to stay on the cheap.
The manager was a really nice guy and very accommodating, and he was the nicest thing about Cabo Cush....No "cush" was anywhere to be found. You'd do much better paying an extra $25 to stay at the Santa Fe, a half block up the road.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MilkmaidTS
jlayton53, Owner at Cabo Cush Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
All of us here at The Cabo Cush Hotel have read this review. We send our sincere apologies to these two weary travelers. We are a small hotel (with a very small advertising budget). The impact of this review has been strongly felt by all.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our mattresses, our towels, and our linens. Every effort is made to provide a very clean, cozy, tidy room for our guests, at the best price possible. A room was prepared for the ladies. All rooms are non-smoking. Unfortunately, this room had been smoked in by the previous guest, and we didn't catch the problem prior to check in.

We are currently inspecting each and every room for damaged linens, and these will be removed and replaced with new ones. We are committed to providing a quality hotel experience at a bargain price.

Again, our sincere apologies to the two weary travelers. You gave us a chance and we let you down. We vow to remain a bargain that is a bargain, and to never let a weary traveler down.

Jeff Layton
Owner, The Cabo Cush Hotel
Cabo San Lucas, BCS Mexico
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed here for two weeks without a hitch. The facility itself appears to be new...I'm guessing it was built no more than two yrs ago. The staff was helpful, the desk clerks spoke sufficient english, and the cleaning staff did a great job. For the price(under $50) I was a bit nervous...almost everything decent that I found online was over a $100. The room itself was very spacious(see photos) The King size bed had a QUALITY mattress on it...for me that was huge. Who wants to be exhausted while they're on vacation because they can't sleep on their crummy mattress?

Not only would I highly recommend them, I am coming back for business in a month, and will definitely be staying here again.

To address one complaint about the wireless internet...I did experience a bug or two in my rm...but overall, had great connectivity. They also have a nice lounge-type area where the wireless was very strong.

Possible negatives? No pool, and the area, like much of Cabo isn't very wheelchair-friendly. It's a bit of a walk to the main drag...like 6 blks(for me this was a plus) But again...there is going to be trade-offs for the price-point. I found some great restaurants while I was there, so I put the $50-$100 that I saved to good use...and ate like a king!

Room Tip: My room was smack dab in the middle, and it was very quiet...there are rooms closer to the street th...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends