We would like to be as factual as possible so people can then decide for themselves. We are in our 60's & stayed for two weeks in what is called a deluxe marine view room. We booked online for $72 Cad a day. We were given a good room & view but decided to upgrade to a better view for an additional $20 a day( in retrospect we didn't really need to.) This rate included a buffet breakfast that includes coffee, juices, assorted fresh fruits, cottage cheese, breads, cereals, pancakes, seven choices of hot dishes including scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes and several Mexican specialty dishes and a person who will cook omelets etc. Breakfast is served in a beautiful setting overlooking the Marina. Our room was large and tastefully decorated with a big closet, air conditioning, an overhead fan and a balcony. We seldom used the AC or fan, just opened the balcony door. The room was naturally cool even though it was between 80"F/25"C and 90"F/30"C each day. Our King bed had a comfy mattress and nice quality sheets although flat pillows. The bathroom was all tile, the shower large, with a large, gentle shower head & always hot water. Everything was cleaned thoroughly everyday including the floors washed. We saw staff cleaning the public areas of the hotel, washing patios, walls, baseboards, windows etc. daily. There were no insects. There is a coffee maker and you are supplied with styrofoam cups and single portion coffee & bottled water etc. So no coffeepot is needed. The staff in all the hotel were very efficient and friendly and especially attentive in the restaurant. The pool is in a good location overlooking the Marina on the 2nd floor and open to the sun - the water is about 78 "F( I hate cold water & I was able to get in). It has towels, a masseuse, a bar with a snack menu, and drinks are 2@ $4. The staff said the pool will be renovated in June 2012. The location of the hotel is in the middle of the boardwalk that surrounds the bay/marina. It is lined with restaurants, bars, excursions and shops. It is also about a 2 or 3 block walk to the fancier but resonably priced restaurants, jewellery stores, pharmacies, cigar shops, nightclubs etc. It is surprisingly not noisy as the last excursion boat returns about 10 PM and the activity moves to the inside bars after that. Most of the day you just hear a bit of a hum but nothing intrusive. The hotel has a free ride to Medano Beach at about 10:30am and 1:30pm and pick up about 3:30 and 5:30. It is about a 1.5 mile walk or you can take a water taxi but this can add up. The beach itself is congested with restaurants, hawkers and jet skies. We found the constant thumping disco music too much to take. There is also nice empty beach but there is no shade or bathrooms near by. The hotel does not pick up at the airport but will arrange your return trip to the airport for $16 - a good price for a 45 minute ride. When you first arrive at the airport, go all the way outside - anyone who offers you a taxi or shuttle inside the terminal is selling timeshares. When you arrive at the Wyndham don't be confused by the lady who first greets you she is selling timeshares. To register just go to the front desk. If you want a luxurious, tropical ambiance with beautiful gardens this is not the place. The Wyndham was regular, clean, reasonable, friendly, convenient and fun and we would return. I would however take my own little pillow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tesoro Los Cabos Hotel, Spa & Skypool In Mexico the #1 luxury destination is Los Cabos, recognized internationally for its beautiful beaches, top level spas, impressive golf courses, world-class fishing and incredible views. At Tesoro Los Cabos we have gatheredall of these charms, with its elegant Skypool lounge in the heart of the marina and entertainment district, the fun never ends. From our privileged location on the marina, you will find classy shops, nightclubs, fine and casual restaurants, & many water activities to make your Cabo experience the best it can. Having the best location & view of the marina in Cabo San Lucas has made Tesoro Los Cabos the #1 option for discerning travelers looking for the best place for their business trip, families looking to enjoy every moment of their vacation, couples enjoying the romance in the air, and those who require a dose of adrenaline that water sports provide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tesoro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Costa Real Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas