“We were treated like a king and queen at Solmar!”
Review of Solmar Resort

Solmar Resort
Ranked #28 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Hoquiam, Washington, United States
“We were treated like a king and queen at Solmar!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This was our first experience to stay a week at a resort, and it was wonderful! The accommodations were perfect and the all inclusive food and drinks were amazing. What made the experience great were the people who work at Solmar. We enjoyed Teresa, Xavier, Mateo, Jose, Raul, Christina, Alma, David, and many others as they took good care to make our stay the best. I definitely would recommend staying at Solmar.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room on the top floor of the building that has an elevator; the view...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Betsycamel
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Betsycamel;
Thank you for taking your time to manifest your experience at Solmar Resort. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time. I am sharing your comments with our chef, our food and beverage manager and all the staff from the front desk, they will be happy to know that they have
fulfilled your expectations.

We hope to see you soon to continue offering you the best of us like king and queen you are to us.

Warm regards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Where the resort is located is the very best of all locations. You have the peace and quiet of no cruise ships and no mega amounts of tourists and no vendors selling their wares. The beach is great for taking walks, not crowded at all. It's a short hike/climb over the boulders to reach Lovers Beach if you want. I know you'll read a lot of reviews about the building of their sister resort on the premises, but really you don't notice. There were two very tall cranes working while we were there,but again didn't impede any enjoyment. I agree with another reviewer that if anything, it was interesting and entertaining to watch if you wanted. There wasn't any noise to speak of because the roar and pounding of the waves is what you hear. This is my second time visiting this resort. I chose it specifically for it's location, quaintness, humbleness, and traditional feel. I don't need or want a luxury resort that can be plopped down anywhere in the world. I appreciate having a place be more authentic to it's locale. It seems to becoming a lost art for North America. On another note, dining is expensive - VERY! So either plan on doing the all inclusive or shop and cook yourself or walk the ten minutes (very safe and easy even at night) into town and eat out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank summer3025
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear summer3025

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your vacation at Solmar.

Certainly due to our location you can enjoy spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and its marine life, hardly there are strangers around the premises giving an atmosphere of privacy and yet we are within walking distance of the city. The style simple, austere but clean and comfortable is what has characterized Solmar over the time and we try to keep it in the best condition for our guests.

One more time we thank you for having stayed with us we hope you give us the opportunity to host you again.

Best Regards
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

Losing in all ways. The Grand Solmar has taken half of the Old grounds, and new invading construction continues. Owners are given no compensation and must spend many thousands to be at Grand Solmar. Beware of loud and long parties on the beach by locals. Cruise ships send guests to dominate the main pool during the day. We've lost our resort, TS owners! I had 9years to go yet.

Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Sue Z
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Sue Z;

Thank you for sharing your comments, as a valued guest your opinions are of great importance to us.

I understand how disappointing you are with the transition of the resort. I am sharing your comments with our customer services director of time share area so straight with you she can review your contract and find a mutual solution.

Regarding visitors, you will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have canceled all the relationship with the cruise ship companies since last January guarantee with this the exclusive use of the resort facilities to our guest.

We would be honored to have your visit once again, and allow us to provide you an even better experience at Solmar Resort.

If you have any questions or any further comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2012

"Welcome Home". That's the first thing Teresa at the front desk said to me when I walked through the newly relocated front lobby doors at the Solmar resort. I heard that, and I knew that's exactly what it felt like. Coming home. I had vacationed at Solmar a year ago at this same time, and had a wonderful time. This year was no exception...another beautiful suite, the Pacific Ocean pounding outside my window all day and all night, friendly and super-capable staff who were right there to attend to anything I needed or wanted--what more could I ask for?
Nicte-xa and Cristina, the resort's front desk manager and Concierge respectively were already so helpful to me before I even got there in how I wanted to arrange aspects of my stay, that by the time I did arrive, they were my friends. It was great. Teresa gave me my "Green Power" wristband, and I enjoyed all the amenities of Solmar's great all-inclusive plan for the week I was visiting. Activities were scheduled for me with ease by Cristina, and every day and night I would walk in and our of town because the amazing location of Solmar made it such a breeze...
The resort itself was just as I remembered it from the year before. Beautifully maintained, clean, and peaceful and welcoming. There was some re-design of certain areas of the resort as a result of the continuing development of the Grand Solmar location right next door, and that seemed to fit in flawlessly with the rest of the property.
I spent many hours on my balcony, just people watching at the same time taking in the beauty of Playa Solmar just beyond the confines of the resort's walls...the suite I was in, 2234 in building D, was perfect. The views from my balconies couldn't have been better.
I can't believe how fast the week went by. When I had to leave it felt "wrong". I had made some new friends, experienced more new things, and especially I had grown more attached to Cabo as a place of happiness and comfort for me. Solmar made that possible with everything it had to offer there, and the people there who made it run. I am now seriously considering becoming an owner down in Cabo, and I hope that by the next time I can take a trip there, I will be in a position to get something I can call my very own. The third time's the charm, and Solmar has ALL the charm I could want or need.

Thank you to everyone at Solmar for making my stay PERFECT. I have told friends and family that the Solmar properties are the places to book if they decide to go to Cabo...I know FOR SURE it is where I will be going back to...and I hope to do that sooner than later...

I miss you already!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was my first time back to the Solmar since the mid-80s, although I have been coming to Cabo almost every year and have been an owner at the Playa Grandé for the past 9 years. This trip, we spent a week at the Playa Grandé and an additional 3 nights at the Solmar. We are spoiled by the service at PG and felt a little ignored at the Solmar, but then, it is an older place and the pace is a bit slower than the newer resorts. The main attraction is that by being on the Pacific side, it is MUCH quieter than Medano beach. As an owner in the Solmar group, I also received an excellent rate for the additional nights! I can only imagine what it will be like when the older units are in the shadows of the new Grand Solmar lobby/tower.

Room Tip: Since the Grand Solmar is still being built right next door and construction starts at 7am, rooms on...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grossmon
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear grossmon;

Thank you for Taking the time to share your experience at Solmar Resort your comments are of great Importance to us.

I offer you an apology for the experience of service you had. I have taken the necessary steps with our managers to meet our standards. At the same time I am glad to know that you have found the resort quiet, exclusive and a good rate. Certainly our location in the Pacific remain us secluded within walking distance of the city for those wishing to explore or shopping.

We hope to have the privilege of visiting again.

Best regards