“Parking Lot Restaurant”

Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 38
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We call this the parking lot restaurant because it is essentially built on a parking lot. Very unassuming, but the food and service are excellent. We’ve been coming here for several years and it seems to get better each time. Excellent Italian. Everything we’ve had is great. Reservations suggested.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Three of us went to lunch at Alcaravea for the prix fixe menu. I had the sea bass, my wife had chicken parm, and sister in law had top sirloin in marsala sauce. We shared and everything was wonderful. Drink was included. The green soup was really good. Good bread. Nice atmosphere and friendly service. About $35 usd. We will return.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Recently went back to my favorite Cabo restaurant after an absence of a few years. Frankly, since Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach started its all-inclusive program a few years ago, we have been caught up in doing that and, unfortunately, have abandoned some of our favorite downtown restaurants. This year, we decided that participating in the all-inclusive program would not keep us from going downtown for dinner to enjoy our favorite restaurants if that is what we felt like doing. Of course, Alcaravea remains at the top of the list. For starters, we had the fried calamari. Just as good as I remembered. Served with what I believe is a creamy horseradish sauce, you can not go wrong with this choice. For dinner, my wife had a mixed seafood with a truffle risotto. It ordinarily comes in pasta, but the manager suggested the risotto. Great recommendation and quite tasty. (We always share a couple bites). Her seafood was a mix of shellfish. It included shrimp, mussels, clams, scallops, etc. I had the filet mignon. It was cooked perfectly as requested (medium rare). As a side, I had a small serving of angel hair pasta served in olive oil and garlic. Very good, but I did add a little olive oil for some extra needed moisture. Our meal was cooked by the sous chef who was in charge the evening we were there. It was great to visit with the owner/chef Enrique on our way out of the restaurant. I apologized for not being there recently and told him that I would see him next year. That is a promise that I will keep! Believe me, it's worth it!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

My Chilean Sea Bass was really well prepared and presented. The chef came over several times to check on our food. The service was excellent. They had an issue with their music that had mistakenly placed on repeat so the same song played in the background over and over. I couldnt hear it so it didn’t bother me because the chatter of the customers drowned it out for me. It drove my husband nuts. He informed the waiter who told the chef and he immediately came out and explained what happened and apologized. It was funny and we all had a good laugh. Parking is available next door so easy access to the restaurant. This is important in the busy streets of Cabo.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Alcaravea serves catch-of-day with many different sauces to choose from. The night we went, the fish was sea bass. The menu also includes Italian dishes which are made to perfection. I had the stuffed tenderloin scaloppine which came with a delicious gravy. This is a restaurant that has been recommended to us by several locals and we can see why. We try to go each time we are in Cabo.