“Scoped out new location”
Review of La Mesa Poblana - CLOSED

La Mesa Poblana
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We will remain La Mesa Poblana . Thanks for your preference. Today we have better facilities, VIP room, terrace, bilingual staff, open kitchen to the sight of the customer, we cook with Royal Prestige, gluten free section in our menu, we have a tourism certification (Distintivo M), our staff has hygiene certification (Distintivo H), quality certification of Trip Advisor, Wi-Fi, handicap access, and much more.
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Ate at La Mesa Poblana restaurant last May and received message that they had moved and had become 5 De Mayo. Turns out they are now closer to us and still are calling themselves La Mesa Poblana. The new location is larger and nicely set up. Guacamole is made tableside and delicious. Our meals were very good, service was attentive, everyone was very friendly. We will be keeping it on our Cabo dining list, no matter what it is called.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

We were greeted promptly with the friendliest servers. We were recommended to visit this restaurant by our Concierge and we are so thankful we visited. What attracted us was the Ambiance, the decor was just lovely, very Authentic & Clean. Our Servers were great, they allowed for us to taste the different Moles they served, I chose the Puebla Mole, Not disappointed at all. Service was fast and food amazing.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

I ate a mid morning snack at this restaurant that I stumbled upon in Cabo today. I sat at an outside table covered with a brightly coloured tablecloth, laid with traditional Mexican crockery. The coffee was great, the cheese and chorizo empanada was served beautifully with refried beans and salsa and was totally delicious.
Inside, the restaurant is cool, airy and tastefully decorated with interesting metal sculptures. It's situated away from the tourist packed marina, but near classy shops selling upmarket Mexican silver, artwork and clothes.
The most attractive feature is the owner, Sara, and her staff who are friendly, relaxed and attentive. English is spoken but you get a free Spanish lesson from waiter Jose, if you're inclined to try to learn a little. The kitchen hatch was open for all to see the clean food preparation areas and the women inside took time to greet their customers despite being busy hand making the tortillas.
I didn't have any today, but Jose told me that their guacamole is made freshly for you at the table to their own recipe and is very popular.
Its not overpriced. Good value for good quality food.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went here for the fish tacos. I asked for, "fried" and expected battered. They came out pan seared. The food was, "OK" I won't come back for the food. The waiter was a very nice guy. The Guacamole was very good. A little too spicy and when we asked to switch out they did with no issues. Chips were too crunchy and hard. Like they had been over cooked and were old.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Central location and very hygienic, I ate here 3 times in the span of a week because I really liked the place . We got to eat at this restaurant after sightsee along the boardwalk and there rest heat , is very comfortable and pleasant to eat .. excellent. I highly recommend