“Authentic food and warm, friendly service.”
Review of La Mesa Poblana - CLOSED

La Mesa Poblana
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We will remain La Mesa Poblana . Thanks for your preference. Today we have better facilities, VIP room, terrace, bilingual staff, open kitchen to the sight of the customer, we cook with Royal Prestige, gluten free section in our menu, we have a tourism certification (Distintivo M), our staff has hygiene certification (Distintivo H), quality certification of Trip Advisor, Wi-Fi, handicap access, and much more.
Reviewed 28 August 2015

I ate a mid morning snack at this restaurant that I stumbled upon in Cabo today. I sat at an outside table covered with a brightly coloured tablecloth, laid with traditional Mexican crockery. The coffee was great, the cheese and chorizo empanada was served beautifully with refried beans and salsa and was totally delicious.
Inside, the restaurant is cool, airy and tastefully decorated with interesting metal sculptures. It's situated away from the tourist packed marina, but near classy shops selling upmarket Mexican silver, artwork and clothes.
The most attractive feature is the owner, Sara, and her staff who are friendly, relaxed and attentive. English is spoken but you get a free Spanish lesson from waiter Jose, if you're inclined to try to learn a little. The kitchen hatch was open for all to see the clean food preparation areas and the women inside took time to greet their customers despite being busy hand making the tortillas.
I didn't have any today, but Jose told me that their guacamole is made freshly for you at the table to their own recipe and is very popular.
Its not overpriced. Good value for good quality food.

There are newer reviews for La Mesa Poblana

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went here for the fish tacos. I asked for, "fried" and expected battered. They came out pan seared. The food was, "OK" I won't come back for the food. The waiter was a very nice guy. The Guacamole was very good. A little too spicy and when we asked to switch out they did with no issues. Chips were too crunchy and hard. Like they had been over cooked and were old.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Central location and very hygienic, I ate here 3 times in the span of a week because I really liked the place . We got to eat at this restaurant after sightsee along the boardwalk and there rest heat , is very comfortable and pleasant to eat .. excellent. I highly recommend

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We received a tip from a local that shared the shuttle from the airport on our arrival that this is the best authentic Mexican food in town. Our lunch was incredible - high quality ingredients and flavors only found in traditional cooking. And the proprietors here are very friendly. Visit this new restaurant location before it gets fully discovered and you have to fight for a table!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Excellent authentic Mexican food and great prices. Well located, new location right off Marina and Miguel Hidalgo. outstanding service, friendly owner. We go eat there every time we visit Los Cabos. Well recommended!!!