1,371 results
All reviews the outdoor hot tub sauna and steam room robes and slippers birthday treat relaxing stay pudding hen party my mum overnight stay sherwood forest tea and coffee good nights sleep weekend break full english normanton inn courtyard restaurant disco
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

One of the worst hotels we have stayed at, tired, dated, needing a refurb. Reception staff were dreadful. Beds were lumpy and uncomfortable, rooms dirty and dusty, bathrooms grotty.
Breakfast was bad, stale croissants, bad coffee, cooked breakfast nothing special.
Truly dreadful place, glad to leave. Hotels shouldnt be like this

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Marion B
Rajesh S, General Manager at Muthu Clumber Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Marion

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a feedback. We are really sorry to know that you did not have a pleasant stay and did not like anything about our Hotel. I have passed feedback to House keeping Management team and chefs to immediately take corrective measures however I must say our Breakfast is cooked fresh and hot food served on table. it will be nice if you please give us more details about your stay as i could not find any booking in last one year in the name of Marion unless it is booked under different. I can understand you are very unhappy as only for this review you had register on trip advisor, did not see any other profile. we also have system to check how genuine the review is and take action accordingly.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Went here for afternoon tea on a voucher from my work colleagues for a birthday present. No greeting at reception. One choice of sandwich only. Rock hard pastry, undercooked scones. Dirty and chipped crockery. On writing a letter of complaint afterwards....no response. Wish I could give no stars really. My advice? Steer clear!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue R

Dear Sue
Warm Greetings !!!
My sincere apologies for shortfall in services. i Will personally discuss with my Food and Beverage Manager and Take corrective measures. I will be grateful if you can please mail me the day you came and whom did you handover the complaint letter so we can provide specific training with the person. We do not buy off pre made sandwiches or pastries for afternoon, everything is made fresh by our chefs.I will discuss with chefs and assure you improvements will be made.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Stayed here for only one night to go to a music festival up the road. Being a lone single girl I expected staff to be more helpful but maybe I was expecting too much. I had a lot of luggage with me that I was carrying including a tent and had no help whatsoever lugging it all up the stairs and along a very long hallway which included loads more stairs up and down. With no public transport nearby I asked if I could get a taxi booked, to which I was then handed a phone and a bunch of taxi numbers. I work on a reception and I wouldn't dream of handing a phone and taxi numbers over to a customer! It says at the top of the taxi sheet please pre-book taxi's before you arrive here but for someone who is from just inside the M25 how was I to know the hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. They should tell you this when you book so you know to pre-book taxis! I then set about calling about 20 cab companies before I finally got charged £20 for going less than 10mins up the road! The hotel is well overpriced for what it is and what it has to offer my room was very far from luxury. I had a plain white bed, plain white walls and a boring beige bathroom. Nothing fancy about any of this. My view was overlooking the car park and the rubbish for the restaurant next door, lovely! Yes the decor around the rest of the hotel is nice and country cosy but that doesn't make up for my white personality-less hospital-like room. I didn't get time to use the spa unfortunately so I can't comment on this. I had breakfast included in my stay which I would not pay £15 if it wasn't included. All I got was 1 sausage, 1 poached egg, small amount of beans, 1 tomato, 1 mushroom and 2 slices of bacon, hardly worth £15! Yogurts, cereal, croissants, small amount of fruit and some slices of salami were also included . If you wanted eggs Benedict they asked for a supplement charge of £2.50, I don't think so! This should be included and doesn't cost them much to make! Breakfast tasted just ok, bacon and sausage were only just cooked. Would I stay here again? Very unlikely unless they could prove they have improved things!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NataliyaRocks

Dear Nataliya

Warm Greetings !!!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We have noted your feedback and is being dealt with.
unfortunately on week ends it is hard to get a taxi ,as you have mentioned you called twenty taxi companies, we have the list of taxi companies available at reception. Reception should surely have assisted you with luggage however as reception needs to be manned all the time sometimes it is not possible for them to leave as we do not provide porter service. reception should have called some one to help.
Our rooms are modern and simple and most of them recently refurbished. We will pass on feedback to concerned authorities

Once again and Thank You

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Stayed there for only one night for a wedding for the simple convenience of being on site, other places were not too far away but with little or no public transport it would have required me to drive. The hotel was over priced for what it is and what it has to offer (the phrase 'captive audience' comes to mind), in my view luxury prices without the luxury.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are not facing the road. Although in a rural area there was still some traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alan S

Dear Alan

Warm Greetings !!!

Thank you for choosing to stay with Muthu Clumber Park Hotel. Please email me details about your stay and price you paid.
Hotel provides all modern facilities including spa. Each room has free tea and coffee making facilities. Even Iron, board , fan hair dryer,etc all in room. complimentary high speed wifi in all areas including bed rooms. Over 100 free car parking spaces.
Well stocked bar. All our executive rooms have mini small fridge stocked with complimentary soft drinks and snacks. Also we provide Bathrobe and slippers in executive rooms. Generally when our guests book, it is clearly mentioned in booking confirmation what is included. We are delighted that you gave us 3 stars and surely taken your feedback on board and in the process of improvising facilities.

Once Thank you and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Having been married at this hotel in 2014 and have returned on several occasions. We had the pleasure of returning this time on our anniversary to rekindle the memories. There has been numerous improvements in the room and décor throughout the hotel. We cannot comment on the food, as we did not eat in the restaurant this visit, but what we saw others being served, looked delicious. (Expected nothing else after experiencing their New Years Eve dinner!)
It was a lovely surprise to find a complimentary bottle of 'fizz' and an anniversary card from the management and staff, a lovely gesture, thank you.

Room Tip: Recommend ringing reception with your room requirements
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin
Warm Greetings !!!
thank you for staying with us, Indeed a great pleasure. Thank you for returning to celebrate your Anniversary. We have done up most of the rooms recently and lobby flooring changed which is appreciated by every guests.
we are glad to know that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to seeing you again for another memorable stay.