1,352 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubsauna and steam roomrobes and slippersbirthday treatrelaxing staypuddinghen partymy mumovernight staysherwood foresttea and coffeegood nights sleepweekend breakfull englishnormanton inncourtyard restaurantdisco
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stayed here for a long weekend. Hotel was nice, room nice and spacious. Our room was on the 1st floor facing the courtyard so wasn't bothered by any traffic noises. It's right across the road from Clumber Park so handy for walks in there.
We only had breakfast one morning, and have to say was a bit of a disappointment. the hot breakfast was extremely small portions with literally 1 sausage, 1 bacon , 1 fried egg and 1 poached egg. As i didn't like the other hot items on offer, i thought they would had at least gave me 2 items each, but no. We asked for some more items but got told we would get charged double if we did that. Was very disappointment by this. There is a continental buffet style so at least we could have some of that too. But at £10 PP (if you prebook) or £15 if you just turn up, it's really not worth the money.
Pool/spa area was nice and liked the outdoot hot tub, though it was very small!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarsonMac
Rajesh S, General Manager at Muthu Clumber Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Greetings of the Day !!!
Thank you for choosing to stay at Muthu Clumber park Hotel. we are glad to know that you liked our facilities especially spacious rooms.
Extremely sorry for the glitch you had during your stay. your breakfast feedback has been noted , Very soon we will have full elaborate hot buffet for breakfast.At the moment you can choose anything from menu and for extras refill there is no charge. I have passed feedback to concerned department and will personally look into.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

On the way from Nottingham with my husband , saw this big signage board of hotel and were reminded of our not so good stay early last year . However we thought of going in for a quick dinner .. We were shocked to see the amount of changes been done in terms of interiors as well as the level of service . All our food order were just awesome and served on time . After spending some time in the restaurant we decided to stay back considering long journey ahead. There has been a drastic improvement since the new management has taken over the property . While we were doing check in at reception . we also met the general manager Mr. Saraf who is definitely the key person to drive these changes and taking the hotel one level up .

Will definitely stay again and will recommed !!!

1  Thank AmiS487
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! This place is actually amazing value for money! I recently turned 18 and wanted a weekend break away for me and my mrs. Granted the weather wasn’t the best as shown in the photograph but I will be back in the summer to enjoy an nice cold legal pint! On arrival the reception staff were very welcoming and catered for all my needs. They then took my booking for the spa!

When I entered the spa I was welcomed by the spa supervisor who was very welcoming and catered for my peanut allergy with the chefs! I had an amazing relaxing massage and then spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool! I saw a lot of bad reviews of the pool temperature, so I was sceptical on entering the pool but I took the plunge and the temperature was perfect.

The evening meal was incredible! For the little price I had to pay for such an amazing 3 course meal was exceptional! While in the restaurant the GM was walking around making all the guests smile and welcoming everyone into his hotel! A party of 15 guests wanted a curry evening so the Kitchen and the GM went out there way to cater for this and the curry smelled to die for!

I recently got engaged to my girlfriend and will 100% be having clumber park hotel as our wedding venue!

All in all the staff are amazing people and are very welcoming and make the stay worth a lot more than you pay!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Warm Greetings !!!
Thank you so much for staying with us and it is so exciting to know about your wedding plans. we have recently refurbished wedding suite and looks stunning, you are surely going to get a great deal, please book now.
we are glad to know that you enjoyed all our facilities and service by our well trained friendly staff.

we had a corporate group staying and at an average week , I offer to cook for my guests meal of their choice. I am fond of cooking and love to explore my passion and cook for my guests. if you adhore butter chicken, tikka masala , biryani etc , you know where to book... at you service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have children and do not get much chance to get away without them and, having organised babysitters we booked the Clumber Park hotel for its Spar facilities especially the pool (as we are both swimmers) for the night of the 9th Feb 2018.

We arrived at the hotel and were welcomed by lovely, friendly staff and a beautiful hotel. Unfortunately, on entering the room we were overwhelmed by the heat and I switched off the radiator and opened the windows immediately.

We then found someones dirty boxer shorts in the bottom of the wardrobe (which made me question the cleanness of the room) there was also dried on toothpaste on the sink in the bathroom.

We grabbed our costumes and went down to the spar hoping that the room temperature would drop while we were gone.

Once at the spar we were informed by a member of staff that the pool heater had broken and that the pool was at a lower than normal temperature and that it was more like a leisure centre pool temperature. The pool was empty so we gave it a go (we are both swimmers and our children competition swim and the pool was the same temperature as a 50m pool not a leisure centre pool). If we had been informed of this on booking in we would not have stayed as we were at the hotel because of the pool.

We left the spar quite disappointed.

We got back to the room, which was still hot and, in the morning spoke to the gentleman at the desk about the problems we had and asked to speak to the manager as we would have liked some sort of good will gesture by way of apology.

We were then introduced to Rajesh, the most argent and obnoxious person I have ever been unfortunate enough to meet. His response to our complaint that we should have been informed of the fault in the spar and particularly the pool on check in was that the pool was fine! He refused to listen and over talked us and said that the fault was with the air conditioning and not the pool heater. When we asked him to write down what the fault was he shouted "what are you, lawyers".
He continued to be rude and obnoxious and extremely argumentative.

I have never been spoken to like this and I do not expect it in the leisure industry.

A member of the staff said that it was their last day that day and they were leaving because of that.

We have since complained in writing to head office and chased said complaint numerous time to no avail.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michelle O
Rajesh S, General Manager at Muthu Clumber Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Warm Greetings !!!
you have waited two months to put this review , we are sad to know about your experience.
But good tool to use this as marketing campaign to tell the world How great swimmers you are and genuinely wish you best for Olympics. Wish you had learnt to use respectful language like argent and obnoxious

My guests would probably understand why you have taken so long to review so i don"t need to justify. Let trip advisor deal with this.

Rajesh

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed over night for husbands birthday treat spa was great with a outside hot tub ... we didn't eat here and there wasn't anything on the menu we fancied ... room had everything we needed and cosy bed

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Rajesh S, General Manager at Muthu Clumber Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Denise
Warm Greetings !!!
Thank you for your wonderful review on this forum.We are glad to know that you liked our spa facilities especially hot tub. It is beautiful spot and quite relaxing and soothing. we are sad to know that you did not find enough choice on the menu. we also daily chef special.
Next month we are changing the menu and will have more variety and creatively presented by our chefs .
we are refurbishing more rooms this week and new themes in rooms is exciting and we look forward to welcome you for yet another memorable visit.