All reviewstrufflele marcheother guestspastafruitthe ownerevery nightduring our staylong tableat homeolive oildining roomstunning viewsa great experiencethis wonderful placegreat cookspent a week
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I loved this place. I went to Italy for a long weekend, and stayed two nights here. I was travelling on my own, but it's impossible to feel lonely at Ramusè. Paolo's awesome - very relaxed about my early arrival, very hospitable. He strikes exactly the right balance between being a seriously knowledgeable and hard-working agriculturalist, and a warm and friendly host. I normally can't stand cats, but the ones at Ramusè have lovely personalities and kind of do their own thing. Favourite moment: opening my door in the morning to be confronted by a donkey. The food and company are great, and the setting is beautiful. The bed was much more comfortable than my own bed at home. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2016

My partner Rosie and I spent a wonderful four days here whilst house hunting. We got slightly more than we bargained for as we experienced our first earthquakes - once at Ramuse (followed by aftershocks) and once in a nearby restaurant (October 26). So in addition to the wonderful scenery, comfortable living, swimming pool, lovely homely room and excellent cuisine, we discovered that Ramuse is completely safe and earthquake proof.
Nearby small towns such as Force are truly idyllic and the larger town of Ascoli Piceno a real find - full of the richest culture and stunning mediaeval architecture. A trip to the coast is easy too - it takes about 30' to get to the lovely seaside resort of Grottamare.
This area has everything that Tuscany has, except it is still largely undiscovered and a good deal quieter.
Paolo is a fantastic host, nothing is too much trouble, and his cooking is just fantastic.
Back to the earthquake. No-one should be put off visiting this wonderful place. As we discovered - it is completely safe, and everything else more than compensates for being a little "shaken - but not stirred!"
Steve

Room Tip: All rooms appear equally good.
1  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed 27 October 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in October and it was a delight. The previous reviews are all correct, this is an amazing place with a friendly and relaxed host. Our room was in the main building with lovely views across the hills. The heating was very effective thankfully, as it got a bit chilly at night.

The property itself has the appearance of an old farm property which has been restored with character and authenticity. The room was spacious and clean, and you feel like you are in a home, not a hotel.

There is a dining room with a communal table where Paulo serves the daily breakfast and dinner. If there are enough eggs from his chickens you may get them for breakfast, otherwise it's a traditional Italian breakfast of cheeses, sliced salamis, fruit and perhaps home grown tomatoes. Dinner varies according to what Paulo has in the kitchen and was always simple but delicious. Dinner at the communal table, meeting and chatting with the other guests, was always fun. The selection of local wines was great, and well priced. His friend Luca was helping with meals during our visit and is certainly an entertaining character. I think we'll be making a special request for Luca to be there again when we return.

It's a lovely property to explore, and his animals are gorgeous. We were warned about the donkeys strolling into the rooms if the door is open, and they are certainly very friendly and curious!

There is a covered outdoor dining area near the kitchen, however it was too cold for outdoor dining during our stay. But I can imagine it's a perfect place during the warmer months.

The nearby town of Force is worth a stroll around for the views of the mountains, and a cute little bar on the main square. From there you can reach numerous small hill top towns and villages which are all beautiful and unspoilt. The coast, and Ascoli Piceno, are also an easy drive away.

We will definitely be back and we'll bring our friends, because Ramuse is a gem.

1  Thank Belbella50
Reviewed 22 October 2016

For our second time to see Paulo we took four friends and did wonder whether we had slightly built it up too much...but we had no need to worry! Paulo and his animals made it a fantastic stay with constant entertainment (!) and everyone enjoyed it tremendously.

I don't need to say how excellent the food is (I was torn between the fennel pasta with sausage meat and the timbalo as my favourite dishes); nor how stunning the coutryside setting is but we all had a marvelous time.

The whole place has a rustic charm that I certainly have not experienced anywhere else and I haven't slept so soundly for a long time (is that the vin cotto de la casa or quiet surroundings?!) but I can't stop raving about the delicious food.

Grazie Paulo e arrivederci al prossimo anno!

1  Thank tobydubya
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We spent ten nights at Ramuse and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The accomodation is very comfortable and the outdoor space is beautiful and tranquil. We did enjoy Paolo's food although if being totally honest it became a little too predictable (for us) over the 10 days, we would have preferred more variety. The wines on offer however are excellent. We met some very interesting people during our stay, dinner time was a very social occasion as dinner is served at the same time every evening for everyone staying, we liked that. And last but certainly not least, the animals - donkeys, dog, cats and chickens are all amazing! We would return to Ramuse again in the future as its so perfectly situated to visit all the beautiful villages, sights and coastal resorts.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple