“so cool!”
Review of La Canica

La Canica
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 16
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I loved this restaurant, recommended by Heidi Lavasseur of Casa de la Cuesta....super cool atmmosphere, great fresh tastes,amazing " pizzette", house made mezcal, incredible desserts.... just go!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

My husband and I have been there 3 times and each time find this restaurant to be more interesting. We love to bring friends here!! Excellent food prepared by Chef Luis Pablo, who is a charmer! The menu is different and features what they call upscale "street food" from around the world, always with interesting twists. It is truly gourmet food, but not gourmet prices. I always look forward to the presentation and have my camera ready!.. The restaurant itself has great atmosphere and a charming patio.

1  Thank chrisyannitelli
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Food at La Canica in SMA is excellent! We came in to try it and did not know what to expect. The place is a modest patio in Pila Seca street, featuring a few tables with nice decoration and ambience. The way the food is presented is very appealing to the eye with great color and shape combinations. We tried Agua Chile de camaron and Local Salad. For main courses we had Cheeseburger, fettuccine a los tres quesos and Solomillo. For dessert we tried panacota de mango an platanos fritos con helado de chocolate. All were delicious. This is gourmet food and the size of the dishes is not big. Having tried all these dishes draws me to the conclusion that the chefs are excellent and really know what they are doing.

The food service was kind of slow but their attitude and quality of the food is worth the waiting time. Overall a great place.

1  Thank SMA_OSO
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We had our Christmas Eve supper at this restaurant and the plates were minimalistic and delicious. I recommend it to have a less formal meal because of its typical menu. Service was formidable and the Chef is one of the best in the town.

1  Thank LERCONSULTOR
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

The food is great!! Try shrimp aguachile and cheeseburger. One of the best I've tried. Mango Dessert is one of a kind.

1  Thank G J L