“Wings and things”
Review of ChupAlitas

ChupAlitas
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 26
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Excellent chicken wings and onion rings. The atmosphere leaves something to desire however. Rather hard to find.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

My husband and I discovered ChupAlitas, very near our San Miguel casa, quite by accident. But we're glad we did. It's a very simple restaurant that serves good food, and the waitstaff is friendly. You can get 4 enchiladas, along with refried beans - or excellent chilaquiles - for only 50 pesos. We've also had hamburgers and chicken tenders there. Once discovered, we either lunched or dined there at least every 10 days. It's located on Garibaldi Square in (I believe) Colonia San Juan de Díos.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

I'm a Canuck who loves his wings. The only dipping sauce missing from their menu was my favourite... honey-garlic. Joe and Debbie rectified that in a hurry. They are fantastic hosts and truly decent people. These are the best wings in town, bar none. Try at least a few dozen next time you visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

I came here after reading about it on-line somewhere else and because I am a big wing fan. The wings come with about a dozen sauces to choose from. The service was excellent and I was made to feel comfortable and given a 'test tray' so that I could figure out which sauces I wanted.

If you are looking for wings in San Miguel, this is your place. I may have to go back to try the chilli dog.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

This place was just awful. Service was INCREDIBLY slow. Food was very bland. The ice cream was so gross I couldn't eat it, and I've NEVER had that happen in all my life. I suspect some thaw/refreezing occurred.

It has a nice atmosphere and the owners are as friendly can be and apologized for how horribly slow things were going, but I still have to say I'd avoid this place completely.

ChupAlitas, Owner at ChupAlitas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Dear Gueat,
First of all, We are truly sorry your experience with us was dissapointing. We do appriciate your feedback. We will certainly work on giving our clients better service and we promise to find a tastier brand of ice cream.
Again, thank you for your comments, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in San Miguel de Allende.