Review Highlights
The Best Dance Teacher Ever

I have taken Latin dance lessons from three different teachers. Fernando is by far the best. He is... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
48kara48
Santa Barbara, California
Dancing with Fernando is the Best!

Taking dance lessons with Fernando is one of the best things I have done while living in San... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago

from US$ 100.00
from US$ 59.00
from US$ 65.00
More Info
All reviews latin dance dance lessons group classes his assistant dance steps private lesson san miguel rumba basics knees teaching teacher skills abilities students movement gears
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I wrote a review immediately after coming home from Mexico.....and it disappeared. How sad, because I spent time writing about these classes in both English and Spanish. I wanted to share my enthusiasm.

It's now been almost 3 weeks since I left San Miguel and I'm still listening to cumbia, salsa, and bachata music....and dreaming of dancing.

Private classes with Fernando were fabulous. Instead of focusing on specific steps, he leads his students to sort of magically do what they need to do to dance. He starts by exploring basic movement and rhythm and gently guides one into the moves of each dance.

I have taken group salsa lessons before and really never learned anything. With Fernando I danced a full 59 minutes of every hour...and I was exhausted but happy by the end. He is incredibly patient, somewhat inscrutable, very intuitive, and gifted at a putting his students at ease. He seems to be able to take anyone, regardless of background or ability, and find a way to make dancing accessible.

My husband, who has Parkinson's, was curious as to why I was so excited about these classes so he signed up for two lessons. He always says that dancing with me is like trying to move a truck that has its brakes on. And I'm always well aware of that! But Sandra and Fernando had him moving all over the dance floor in no time.

We had a fabulous time in San Miguel and one of the reasons we hope to come back is to that we can dance again. I just hope Fernando will still have time in his very full schedule.

Take a class! You'll be HAPPY!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I decided to try one of Fernando's classes after hearing such excellent things about him from people I met in San Miguel. All the great things I heard were absolutely accurate. He is a patient, kind, caring, and talented teacher. He has developed an original method of teaching Latin dance that is fun, productive and stress -free. I progressed very quickly, and was able to start dancing socially within just a few lessons. If you want to simply learn the basics, brush up your skills, or seriously study dance, Fernando will adapt to your goals and skill level.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I took two cumbia lessons in California when I was visiting my family recently. When I returned home to SMA I signed up for three lessons with Fernando Luna Muoz. The California teacher needs to come down and take some lessons from Fernando. I am thrilled with his style of teaching and just booked a 4th private lessons with him, and plan on more in the future. If you want to learn the Latin dances, you cannot go wrong with Fernando.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I arranged for a private dance lesson for 5 of us. I was hopeful that the class would be fun, but it was fabulous. Fernando and his assistant were able to teach us the Cubans Salsa. I am not very musical, and I am have little rhythm. Fernando was able to help me look like I could dance. He showed me where to place my hands, how to move my knees and hips, how to "open my body", how to count the beat and how to dance!!! My husband did not want to go, but he had so
Much fun that he wished we had time for a second lesson. All of us enjoyed every second. I highly recommend Fernando if you are ever in San Miguel de Allende and want to have dance classes. It was a delightful morning.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

If learning to dance salsa is on your bucket list - this is the place to accomplish it. Fernando is a very accomplished danncer but more importantly he knows how to tailor his lessons to your needs and abilities. I have enjoyed my lessons so much that I returned this year for another series of lessons. Plan on an hour for a private lesson and most importantly bring good dance shoes.