“Comfortable, beautiful, private”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Alta Dos

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
rkwhite
Cumberland, Maine, USA
“Comfortable, beautiful, private ”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This was such a comfortable place to be for our first visit to San Miguel! My wife and I stayed here nine nights at the end of May. John and Veronica were very responsive with arrangements...Veronica went as far as to drop us off in town for dinner after our unexpectedly late arrival the first night. As the other reviews note, the villa is located in a quiet neighborhood up a hill on the eastern side of town. It's a 15' walk down, 20' walk back up, but cabs are everywhere and inexpensive. The compound itself is lovely. The vaulted brick ceilings were a labor of love by John & the previous owner, the gardens are beautiful - - everything feels private and secure. Occasionally roosters crow & the neighbor's incredibly personable cat would drop by to visit. Although there is not a view into the town from the villa, from its loft and balcony we could sometimes see festival fireworks at night. The villa has all the modern conveniences. I recommend it highly - - and hope to be back very soon.

12 Jul 2017
Hola Rick - thanks so much for your great review. You were a wonderful guest and hope you will be back soon. John Sims
A TripAdvisor Member
“My Hilltop Oasis”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I had a beautiful villa all to myself. After the internet was fixed, all was perfection.
Beautiful garden, enough fans to keep the place cool, my own stray cat, quiet and soft music wafting over the balconies in the evening. I loved everything about it. I walked into town down very steep cobbled roads and taxied home each evening with food to cook and beautiful clothing and trinkets I bought in town. Great for a single person or a couple and I think there is another area available in the villa if needed.
Great prices!

3 Jul 2017
Dear Nina - thanks for your patience with the internet and thanks for a great review. John
ChristoR8
“Traumhaft”
Reviewed 19 February 2017 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

My home was my Castle, for 3 weeks! We loved the atmosphere. John, you really did a wonderfull Job!!! This was really our place to be!

luckyinal...
Kamloops
“Beautiful stay in San Miguel de Allende”
Reviewed 4 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay in the villa. It is a bit out of the main downtown area and you have to walk up a steep cobblestone hill but it is definitely worth it. Once inside, the villa is all yours. You feel as if you own the entire compound consisting of two other structures but nobody occupies them except you. The main house has everything that you could want including TV and WiFi. The bedroom access is up an iron spiral staircase so ensure you are able to climb it. The entire complex is very beautiful and secure and you will not be disappointed.

marjorieh...
Seattle, Washington
“I loved staying at Villa Alta Dos”
Reviewed 4 August 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

I was slow to get around to this review, but wanted to be sure to post one even at this late date. I spent the month of February in Villa Alta Dos. My husband joined me for part of the stay. With the high ceilings, loft bed, balcony and great outdoor space, it felt like we were in a much larger space. The neighborhood was generally quiet and hospitable, and we enjoyed the walks to and from the Jardin, although the walk up was definitely steep. Cabs were easy to get if we were carrying too much, or if it was late in the evening. If I have any quibbles, it would be that the couch could use some padding, but that was a minor concern at best. I enjoyed talking from balcony to rooftop with one friendly neighbor, and when I had a problem getting the gate open (it's been fixed and could not happen again), the lovely property manager Veronica Alvarado came quickly to my rescue, and enlisted another neighbor who unhesitatingly saved the day. The owner, John, was very responsive to requests via email as well. This was my 3rd stay in SMA, and I had dinner guests who are SMA veterans. We all agreed that Villa Alta Dos was a find. It wasn't available for my preferred dates next winter, but I would happily stay there again if the opportunity arises.

6 Aug 2016
Dear Marjorie - thanks for the positive review of your stay at the Villa. I have added some padding to the couch. Veronica and I hope you will be able to return in the future.
John
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing