“Shame.”
Review of Nectar

Nectar
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I was having a lovely time in this cafe - the first waiter I spoke with was friendly and chatty and they make a nice, if expensive, London Fog. But unfortunately the second waiter was extremely rude to me and for some reason, made his best effort to intimidate me in the worst case of machismo that I experienced in my whole 2 months in Mexico. I would not return nor recommend to solo female travellers.

alfredogl, Creative Director at Nectar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

We are so sorry you had to go through such a bad experience.

We take your comments very seriously, since we pride ourselves in service as well as treating everyone in the most respectful and welcoming manner.
We have already talked to our managers and staff.
That being said, we are an inclusive company, known not only for our unique products and healthy way of living, but our incredible staff and being deeply involved in the community.
Please contact one of our managers Juan Carlos Cuevas or Iván Benhumea at
nectar@caminosilvestre.com.mx

Reviewed 25 August 2017

The ambiance here is delightful, and we so enjoyed our tasty vegetarian lunch consisting of the hibiscus tea, house salad, and eggplant sandwich. The squash soup was a little bland, but we would return in a heartbeat to order the other items again or try something new, and to enjoy the lovely garden dining and kind waitstaff. There were hummingbirds everywhere because of the many artsy feeders. The shops are fun, too. I would love to pop back in to pick up a pretty hummingbird feeder.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Néctar.
Sorry to hear about the soup! We have metioned it to our staff, since it is one of my favorites...Please let our manager Iván know when you are back.
We are in the process of preparing a dinner menu that we will announce soon, but if you enjoy having the hummingbirds around you can always come back for breakfast and/or lunch.

Thanks from all the team at Néctar.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This place on the surface anyway is not for everybody. Mostly vegan, which means no meat, very little dairy, tea instead of coffee, but nonetheless everything is tasty. A beautiful setting to have a meal, and the wait staff as you can imagine, offering such healthy fare, has a glow. If you’re searching for vegan, this is the place. And even if you want to try something a little healthier for a change, you ought to check this place out. They have a store here to with many beautiful, unique gardening items.

alfredogl, Creative Director at Nectar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thanks for your words. We enjoy our lives in San Miguel so much that we wanted to do our best to enjoy it for a long time... so we started searching for heathy choices.
We started Néctar as a tea house (although we serve a French pressed coffee and a cafetera Italiana espresso as well as an iced Vietnamese coffee) and before we knew it we were preparing healthy meals using out teas to give a punch to the vegetarian and vegan options. We are now in the process of adding the finishing touches to the brand new dinner menu which we’ll announce soon.

Thanks for your kind words and wonderful review.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

My wife and I have been wanting to try Nectar for a few weeks now. We are relatively new residents of the San Miguel area and are vegans. Earlier this week my wife had an opportunity to go to Nectar for lunch with a friend and they loved it and the friend is not vegan. Today my wife and I went for lunch and I had the Nectar burrito and Ari had the Nectar salad. We split a Mediterranean appetizer which had olives, white bean dip, carmelized onions, and garbanzo fritters-all served with delicious vegan crackers. My burrito came with a very tasty vegan chipotle mayonnaise made from tofu and other ingredients. The best thing about Nectar may be the diversity of menu items-so we have lots more to look forward to trying. We were told they will soon be open for dinner as well as breakfast and lunch.

The atmosphere is casual but very nice outdoor seating (could be a challenge in the rain), the service was outstanding, and staff very friendly. They also have a couple nice gift shops adjoining the dining area as well as a great selection of teas and coffee. We had gluten free scones for dessert and are definitely going back!!!!!!!!

Thank you for such a complete review. We hope that by now you have been back and tried some other of our tea infused offerings.
We will soon announce the opening at dinner time with a whole new dinner menu.

Thanks from the whole team at Néctar

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Great menu, excellent service. Must try their tea selection. Vegetarian meals are not MY cup of tea but Nectar's food is incredible. A must when visiting San Miguel de Allende.

alfredogl, Creative director at Nectar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Manuel,
We love that you enjoyed our food, we have concentrated in delicious healthy meals that satisfy everyone's taste, vegetarians and omnivorous alike!

We hope you come back soon, we are preparing a dinner menu and will b announcing it soon!

Thanks from all the team at Néctar!