“Java Gem”

Zenteno Specialty Coffee
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I dropped by here twice during my recent visit to SMdA. Tiny, tiny spot, great ambience, acoustic guitar player one day. Coffee and smoothies were very good, quiche very tasty. Staff are very friendly, and were able to translate my very poor high school Spanish with grace and humour. A real gem of a place.

1  Thank WestcoastPeter

Reviewed 14 February 2017

It's true. This delightful little place has most wonderful coffee I have ever tasted. Get a latte there and even without sugar this dark roast taste almost sweet. Everything else in comparison seems bitter an flat. Really! We also buy the coffee for our house. Highly recommended and the little space is very sweet. Bravo.

1  Thank josephmcclain2
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I have to admit, I am generally a Starbucks fan, mainly because I like a large cup of coffee as well as a good roast.
I stopped here for a latte and was not disappointed. It rivals Starbucks; it was excellent. I would have stopped in again, but each time I pass, the place is jammed; all seats are filled. It is not a large establishment, so consider getting your drink to go.

1  Thank DrJHungary
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

So many places in San Miguel de Allende serve average espresso: too weak, not hot enough, expensive. Zenteno gets it right every time. If you like a strong espresso, nice prices and good service, this is the place. We buy our coffee here too at very reasonable prices.

1  Thank Jalee15
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Cozy place in the heart of town, just enjoy your coffee and relax!!! We have been twice during our stay; both time we thoroughly enjoyed!!!

2  Thank Renata B