“Eclectic, delightful, different”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2016

For such a tiny restaurant, Food Factory has a rather varied menu. Food Factory fills a much needed niche for well prepared, nicely served eclectic meals. Whether you'd like a full three course meal or just a sandwich, Food Factory offers many choices. I have eaten here a number of times and I particularly recommend the Vietnamese casserole. While the Asian offerings are not exactly authentic, they are still tasty. The French onion soup is served in a bread bowl and there is another soup as well. Everyone in our group has always complimented the food.
I particularly appreciate the careful service so you feel like you're actually being paid
attention to which is not always the case in a tourist town. FF is tucked into a corner of Fabrica Aurora, a mammoth art gallery showcasing some of the best art and home decor in SMA. You could miss Food Factory if you don't know where to look. As you enter Aurora, FF is immediately to your left. Keep in mind that you must go THROUGH the hamburger place to get to FF behind it. It sounds quirky but what you get is calm quiet, a welcome relief from the stimulation of the senses at Aurora. And of course you can eat there without entering the galleries themselves.
Wine is served, but a small selection as in most SMA restaurants. Beers are available too. Desserts were tasty and also a cut above some of the touristy places. I'm certainly returning to FF and recommend it to everyone looking for a pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank AdventureRUs

Reviewed 21 December 2015

It doesn't seem right to review a restaurant based on one visit, but I'm doing it. My wife and I ate there, and we ordered the same thing. Pad Thai, and it was not bad at all. It was tasty. But no bona fide Thai restaurant would have served it. First off, Pad Thai is usually served generously. At the Food Factory, it came in a middle-sized bowl. It lacked tamarind sauce. It was Pad Thai as prepared by Mexicans who found the recipe online, I'm guessing.

I wouldn't order it at the Food Factory again. I'd try something else.

So, that was our experience. I'm giving the place four stars, which is being nice, based on the Pad Thai alone.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Spent a couple of hours visiting La Aurora and then sat down for a late lunch at the Food Factory. Service was fast and efficient. The simple menu was on a board set up by the table. I had an excellent chicken sandwich with a delicious barbecue sauce and my friend had a chicken salad that she thought was super.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

I recently visited with the owner of the Food Factory and told him how pleased I was to dine and relax at his fine restaurant. At first glance, I appreciated the artistic vibe after touring the (40) galleries with my friend from Ottawa. Ahhhhhhhhhh...we will return. Gracias.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

There are very few places in town that have that one dish I must have over and over again. Food Factory is the top place for comfort food, as Chef Allen Williams offers not one, but more than six of those kinds of comfort flavors and textures we crave. Among my favorites are their very addictive spicy lettuce wraps, either with ginger chicken or vermicelli with shrimp, their creamy and luscious dehydrated tomato and sausage pasta, their crispy and clever chicken-fried steak, their proper burger with perfectly fitting french fries, and my absolute favorite, the Vietnamese clay pot of veggies in plum sauce with rice. Yum! I just keep going back. What's more, a special treat for us wine lovers, Food Factory has a very interesting and eclectic wine list, and a cozy cava to house their collection and enhance the wine discovery experience. The dining areas, indoor and outdoor, are smartly put together, with cozy bench seating. The service is efficient and unobtrusive, and the best news is Omar, an exemplary model of attentive and impeccable service, is back!