“Great food, huge portions, reasonable prices.”
Review of Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2021

I had grilled fish tacos for lunch and ended up coming back again during my 4-day stay in the city because it was so tasty. My meal came with three tacos and two sides. I only selected one side the second time because I didn't even touch one side the first visit. They are very generous with their portions. I visited during covid and I felt very safe with their protocol while dining in their cute little restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank atwell4
Write a reviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed 7 January 2021

We went to Hecho en Mexico based on the recommendation of our concierge. It's a very cute restaurant with an indoor open air patio with heat lamps. While service is quite good, I found the food extremely lacking in flavor - not sure if that's because the clientele is mostly expats, but the food definitely fell short. We had a mix of salads, tacos, fajitas - the salad was the best thing we ate.

1  Thank nishan22_77
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

We go 2 to 4 times a month for comida. We get the same thing almost every time. Cobb salad with Gouda cheese and balsamic dressing. It’s big enough to split which we do. Accompanied with white wine and/or a (chela de) Indio beer with mucho ice and mucho lime juice. We love to eat in the bar room with their friendly staff. Yes we have tried other things and like them too but this has become our comida salad place. Always consistent! Try it you won’t be disappointed.

2  Thank Cowboysaj
Reviewed 29 December 2020

I went to this restaurant for dinner at least once a week during my stays in SMA. The quality is excellent, the staff very friendly, the prices moderate.
The menu is available in Spanish and English. The variety of food ranges from typical Mexican to American .... there is something for everyone. The ambience is very nice with a courtyard and great paintings on the walls.
I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

We came in to the restaurant recommended and we where not disappointed at all! The food, COVID protocols and the service where 10/10 I did lack a bit of salt on the seasoning of my good but overall a great experience.

1  Thank Miggss