All reviews hacienda style beautiful property san miguel hill taxi town
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel has no sense of customer service.

They do not respect people and they don't respect their offering.

The owner decided to reinburse me the amount of one night asking me TO LEAVE the hotel in the middle of my trip.

They problem was that the WiFi service has a limited speed and it does not cover the whole hotel and it is insufficient for the number of guests.

The receptionist is the worst people in charge of one of the most sensitive point of contact with a customer. She is not trained at all. She is rude and she has no sense of respect.

Please share this experience with your friends.I will be sharing photos and videos about this experience.

Client service is a basic for anyone in the turism business.

Date of stay: January 2018
4  Thank eltron
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice place with lovely gardens and authentic architecture.

Simple and very limited food and beverage offers.

The staff is nice but not trained and proactive with the clients. Services without any initiatives and we don’t feel served...

Lots of service points to improve to make this place very nice. But is there any Manager in this hotel???

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank I7281DEolivierb
suzanne y, Guest Relations Manager at Rancho Hotel El Atascadero, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

We are sorry about your bad experience at the Atascadero. We are working hard to be better everyday. We wish in your next visit you'll find a good service and that we are what you expect.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Arriving at this hotel you have the feeling of arriving at a quant hacienda or stately home.... it’s a simple or basic hotel with beautiful grounds.

The rooms, the important bit, are very basic and very rundown as though they were lost in time and never got any kind of update.

The twin room we booked had drab bed covers that looked as though they had been washed a hundred times and the headboard was way too small for the double beds that had been pushed together. The pillows again were old and uncomfortable but everything was clean.

There was a finial in the wall that I think may have been a curtain tie at some point and when I touch it, it fell off the wall; so I carefully put it back!

It did have a flatscreen TV but only one bottle of water (for 3) no hairdryer, only towels for 2. The shower water pressure was very good! In fact I’d say excellent for a good hair wash especially seeing as I hav long hair but there wasn’t very hot water. Thankfully I don’t have very hot showers so it was fine for me but my husband does like a nice hot shower.

What wasn’t nice was the doors to the rooms...... a metal storage room like design. I’m sure they were fine in the 70’s, at the night of the hotels prime but today they look like cheap basic doors.

It’s a shame as the hotel (used to be an equestrian school) does have very nice grounds, a basic pool that is freezing and a jacuzzi which has a decent temperature for a dip...... it needs a major cash injection to have repeat customers.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank MPHV
suzanne y, Public Relations Manager at Rancho Hotel El Atascadero, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

We are sorry the Hotel didn't met your expectations. We are working on this issues.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Rancho Hotel El Atascadero is a beautiful property. It's not too far of a walk to town, the staff are great, as well as the restaurant/bar. They do a great job of maintaining the property, and it is clean. We enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely return.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
suzanne y, Public Relations Manager at Rancho Hotel El Atascadero, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

We are so happy you liked the Atascadero experience.
Looking forward to have you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and filled with cozy places. Bedrooms have chimney and beds are firm (some people my think beds are hard as rocks). The restaurants inside this place are absurdly expensive, a bottle of wine is almost 25% over its regular price and food ain't good ... So far this place is good to sleep in but San Miguel de Allende have better places to eat and drink.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Covarrubias-Gomez
suzanne y, Guest Relations Manager at Rancho Hotel El Atascadero, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

We are happy you spend some time at the Atascadero.
We will check the detailes you disagree with.

Warm regards