“Nice atmosphere and good pizza!”
Review of Mama Mia

Mama Mia
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian, Latin, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mama Mia Restaurant first opened it doors in San Miguel as a small restaurant with Italian, Mediterranean and Mexican food, and life music. More then 35 years later this place continues offering to its visitors, both locals and tourists, delicious food, life music and great ambiance. The restaurant is situated in the main Patio, there are also three Bar areas, Leonardos, La Barra, Mama's and a roof top terrace bar lounge La Terraza. Due to all these different areas and extended daily hours Mama Mia is the place to everyone, it offers a perfect place for a family dinner as well as for those who loves night life. You can discover young bands playing at the Mama's as well as Latin Jazz with world class quality. You can dance Salsa or song Karaoke. There is something here for everyone.... If you haven't been to Mama Mia you haven't been to San Miguel
Reviewed 23 July 2018

My wife and a family friend visited San Miguel de Allende in July. We wanted to watch the semifinals of the World Cup soccer tournament and were looking for a pub/bar to watch the game. We randomly walked into Mama Mia and were not disappointed. There is a nice little bar area, and a large dining area. It is a beautiful setting...partially "open air" courtyard. Nicely decorated. It is much larger inside than what it appears from the doorway. The restaurant is less than a block away from the Cathedral in Centro. It is a wonderful location. Drinks are cheap and they have GREAT pizza. Everyone was eating it! We would go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Illini1982
Mamamia S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mama Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Illini1982,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your thoughts and experience on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments. We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future, to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

The restaurant was recommended by the hotel concierge so I went to try it out. It is an ideal place for families and groups. The atmosphere was so lively and customers sang along with the music. Service was fast and attentive, food was good. I had a great experience.

Querida Elfa C,

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was nice. There was a band playing and everyone sims to be enjoying the night... we order pizza but the crust was no cooked well, that is the reason why I give them a 3.

Querida Digna P,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologise that we did not meet your expectations. We are very concerned with your experience, we will work hard to make it better. I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We visited this place to have lunch and watch the Brazil Belgium soccer game on their TVs, for one the atmosphere was excellent, staff do friendly, food was excellent and prices were less than expected, just a great experience!!

Querido Maurif,

My floor manager will be pleased to learn of your review and we will make an example to the staff.
Thank you again for the 5 stars. I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Best, MAMA MIA

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here several times over the years, and I return. Bottom line, isn’t that the ultimate recommendation? There are a number of reasons to choose this place. Location: If you are in the center or the Jardin, this is a few steps from the plaza, and everyone knows where it is. Service: Frankly, I am amazed that over the 15 years that I have come here, the level of service has been consistently good. Waiters are attentive but not hovering, helpful but not pushy. Atmosphere: It is a lovely place, nicely lit and furnished. It has a feeling of a large covered courtyard. Food: I like that they have a side munu, featuring Italian, but I have had good seafood, steaks, and even when I craved a hamburger. I would not say it is the finest food in the city of incredible food opportunities, but it is consistent. Entertainment: For me, this is the real draw that makes me want to come at least once each trip to San Miguel. When you are in the center, stop in to see the entertainment schedule, and plan your visit for dinner. I absolutely love the classical guitarist Severro Barrera. If you can catch a set when he is playing, it doesn’t matter what food they are serving. He is a maestro! Bravo!

Mamamia S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mama Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Querido Flaco_Risco,