“Hard winter but still excellent”
Review of Pacha Mama

Pacha Mama
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Zipolite
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Regulars visiting Zipolité know that nothing is a sure thing there. The restaurant fonctionned through some hard personnel problems (* it's a small place and family is important) which probably is the cause of some people posting disappointing reviews for last winter.
But through it all, the owner did her best to serve with quality what there was. The menu was sometimes more limited. My friend takes the gnocchi dish at every visit. Yes, it's smaller then the others, but all things considered, it probably has as many calories as the bigger spaghetti dishes! He never complained about the size of the portion.

This said, they had problems but it was still an excellent place to eat.
Their steak ( filet mignon) is one of the best in Zipolite

Reviewed 29 March 2016

The restaurant has shifted venues and is now located right next door to its previous location, having taken over the old Babel/Siamo Fritti/Buonveno space. The restaurant is now much larger but the quality of food and service are just as good as ever. Delicious homemade pastas which can be napped with their distinctive Pacha Mama sauce (see my previous review about the gnocchi), wonderful grilled meats prepared by Paolo; the arrachera is tender enough to cut with a fork! Attentive and friendly service is offered by la bellisima Miki and Leo. Meal service usually finished with a complimentary ron de la casa, a shot of rum which is infused with vanilla or banana. Bravi, amici; li voglio bene!

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Off the main beach street at the east end of town, this restaurant is serving excellent grilled meats.

1  Thank Ellie M
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Good-food is excellent. Went twice and both times our meals were delicious. Service is pretty good, attentive staff and the setting is nice. Good, clean bathroom.

Bad-our 2nd visit, the female owner mistook a pizza meant for a customer. She and another staff member touched slices as if to start to eat it and when the husband/chef pointed this out she put the pieces back and tried to take it to the table. It was rejected. We didn't understand why the owners and staff would be eating when the restaurant was full.

Ugly-the wife/owner made a total scene. I witnessed her have at least 3 shots while customers were arriving. Maybe she should lay off the booze while the restaurant is full and concentrate on the business.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Everyone raved about the pizza here, so we went to try this amazing pizza.. I was a little disappointed to be honest. I would say I know my pizzas, I have tried many all over the world, including all over Italy. I had the basil pesto pizza, my partner had the pepperoni, mom had the all dressed (meat). None stood out, I just know I left wanting to go down the street to Luna y Sol, the pizza was out of this world, I would probably put it in my top 5 pizzas. The owner is a very very nice family man, had all his kids in there helping because they were home from school for the holidays. The sauce was excellent, the cheese amazing and the ingredients were so very fresh, which I found out he grew most in his garden. The margarita was my favourite pizza, very fresh and absolutely amazing.