“Not your ordinary hotdog”
Review of Swiss Hotdog Company - CLOSED

Swiss Hotdog Company
Cuisines: Swiss
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I ordered the regular--which is two of these really unusual veal hotdogs in the best bun ever with sprouts and mustard and onions and a few other things on them. I loved it. They only thing I would do differently next time is omit the onions. No one could get within a 3 foot radius of me for the rest of the afternoon.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

The atmosphere is modern (akin to Larkburger). The menu is small, but unique. Ordered the double (sausages) on a bun with mustard, an onion/cilantro mix and sprouts. Different, but good. No alcohol. Not the best dog I've ever head, but a unique experience. Worth the $10.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have been going to the Swiss Hotdog Company for over twenty years. Unfortunately, Ernst, the owner had to move out of Lionshead in Vail to about three miles from downtown Avon, across from Walmart. I returned this year after years of not going when I took a day off from skiing. The sausage sandwich was just as wonderful with his wonderful spices and sprouts, while the chicken soup was good, but a notch below its usual fabulousness because of some dark meat and a small piece of chicken bone in the soup. My guess is that Ernst did not make this batch. Nevertheless, if you have never been, you should. I was told that here are days he stays open to seven, which means you can pick up a great sandwich after skiing, or if in the summer, for lunch.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Devious combo. Small menu. Very nice ladies. Simple and to the point. Also fast and inexpensive. It's not really a hot dog it's a lot more.

2  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

In Avon, across from Walmart. You have to go here. It is so delicious. Obviously the swiss hot dog is the star. My husband always gets the triple (sausages are thin). So flavorful with mustard, sprouts, a unique combination. The soup is also delicious! Family owned, great place!!!!

1  Thank TripT_10