All reviews swinging beds beach front small pool beach club other hotels a lovely place to stay perfect beach fresh fruit lulus sancho mexico faucet ocean fans adriana jungle shampoo
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a great energy, but could use a renovation. The location is amazing, in the middle of the jungle and beach front. If you are looking to disconnect from the matrix, this is your place.
Adriana the receptionist is so kind and helpful on every level to ensure you are happy. Thank you Adriana for your incredible help to ensure we had a lovely holiday!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Recepcion Z, Director de Recepción at Zulum Beach Club + Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Leslie,

I especially appreciate your comment and sincerity, it is a pleasure for us to be able to help you during your stay, we sincerely regret the inconveniences.
We will take all your comments into account to work on them and improve them. waiting in the future to honor us with your visit again.
We hope you continue to enjoy your vacation in the Mexican Caribbean.

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Its just awesome! Do visit.

Overall, it was a good experience with concern on food and quality of service.
Good place for team or family outings, very nice water rides and a wave pool. The food quality and food taste is also very good. This place has reasonable number of other sports activities those are also good but there is an area of improvement in it's infrastructure.the location is good and ambiance is very very beautiful. Plan to visit the place if you are fond of water activities and good food. Last but not the least, there is a nice small bar here which serves good drink for adult drink lovers.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Recepcion Z, Director de Recepción at Zulum Beach Club + Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

It is a pleasure for us to always offer you the best service, for us it is very important your opinion to improve. It is very pleasant to receive our guests with the best treatment they deserve. we appreciate your preference

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Being pet-friendly is more than enough reason for my wife and I to give Zulum Hotel a 5-star rating. Our little dachshund had an awesome time and felt freer than ever, and therefore, we too, but there's more. The customer service, attention, and cool attitude offered by Adriana in the reception, Jazmin and his workmates in the beach restaurant as well as the rest of the staff, was better than many 5-star resorts we've stayed before. One more thing that makes special this little paradise on earth, is the delicious food from the beach restaurant. We tried the seafood soup, burritos (which I truly recommend, they are huge!) and the pizza. Pizza was so delicious that my wife and I, being already full and satisfied, ordered a 2nd one. The included fruity breakfast was great too. I complemented it with "Spain eggs" from the menu, which were really good. The beach restaurant at night has a magic and chilling atmosphere that you won't find on many places on earth. This isn't a so crowded hotel but not an empty one either, it was one of the things we also liked about it. As an animal lover, having the famous "Sancho the Donkey" around, who also had a drink with us at the beach, made our stay, a little bit more special. Next day in the morning, Sancho went to our room to say "good morning". We're going to miss him. The fact that rooms haven't AC was one of our concerns, but the fans included in the room were enough to keep it fresh at night. I think we were lucky to have a fresh night in the hot weather of June. The hotel also has a little pool with a large seat inside, which I think is perfect for kids or refresh for a while taking a drink. I really enjoyed the swinging bed in the room, it helped me to fall asleep faster. My wife didn't enjoy it as much as me, but they help with that at the reception in case you want the bed to stay firm. We have not bugs or mosquitoes issues. The hotel is currently being remodeling, so I hope they also work in the parking space which is a little limited. People who complain in other reviews, I think is because they didn't do the homework of finding out what's the Tulum concept or probably they were expecting to find a Miami hotel's style, which isn't what it is about. Cancun would be a better choice for difficult, picky or demanding city people. We just have a couple of suggestions that'd love to make to the admin. Constant music in the beach restaurant, it doesn't have to be loud, just background "deep house" or any chill out music. The day I left, somebody put a nice Bose speaker on the restaurant with perfect beach music, I really didn't want to return home. Not sure if it belonged to the hotel, but it'd be cool if it were permanent there. Also, I think, some visitors would be willing to pay an extra $$$ for having a portable AC in the room or at least a couple more expensive rooms with AC, you know, for the whiners. In conclusion, my wife and I really enjoyed the jungle-eco-friendly experience at the Zulum Hotel and we hope to come back soon. Adriana, please, say Hi! to Sancho and thanks for the free Margarita's b-day!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hernanformatico
Recepcion Z, Director de Recepción at Zulum Beach Club + Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

It is a pleasure for us, we work on improving every day and provide the best service, for us our guests are our priority and it is important that each guest feels specially cared for. I was very happy to meet you, we hope and come back soon, here you have a home for each member of the family
Best Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

With no safe in the room and dodgy door handles and locks, I never fully felt comfortable in this hotel. It was very hot and could have benefited from having a ceiling fan or some a/c equipped rooms. The room only had a half wall to separate the bathroom and toilet from the rest of the room so very little privacy. Water pressure was nonexistent. Decor was quite tired and a bit grubby. At usd200 per night really poor value for money. You can do much better for the same cost in Tulum.

We liked the restaurant and beach club part the most. The beach was less seaweedy here as they seemed to regularly sweep the beach.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Willssss
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed here for 5 nights on my own. I was looking for somewhere that I could get up in the morning, have breakfast, sunbathe and not put on shoes - perfect for that. Although I wouldn\t call the price budget, for Tulum it is one of the less costly places. I didn’t have AC in my room which I knew about but the fan was not quite up to par so the room was a bit warm. There was also no fridge which meant I had to be organised to make sure I had cold water at the end of the night.

However, the room was spacious with lovely design and the shower and bathroom was really nice. There was plenty of hanging space and drawers. My cabana was a first floor room and the stairs were a little precarious, not something to try post a few margaritas.

Breakfast was included and was quite simple, fruit and toast and bottomless coffee. The restaurant was very good which made it easy to stay on the beach all day and have lunch etc.

There was a small pool which I didn’t use but it was very picturesque and made the very short walk to the beach even more pleasant. They also have a pet donkey - a useful 6am alarm every day! Note that this strip of Tulum is close to party central so the noise at night might sometimes be a bit loud. I had one night where there was a hotel party nearby but the rest were fine.

For me it was the perfect hotel and was exactly what I was looking for considering the value for money in this area. The lack of fridge, poor fan and donkey noise might annoy some but the charm and the friendliness of the staff make it a lovely place to stay. Particular thanks to Yasmin who organised for my breakfast to be just a plate of pineapple when she realised it was my favourite. So thoughtful!!

Room tip: If there are AC rooms it would be worth the extra money, I had a jungle view room and wouldn’t have paid more for the sea view.
Date of stay: May 2018