“Absolute Paradise!”

Ranked #12 of 97 Hotels in Tulum
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Absolute Paradise!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I spent the majority of our honeymoon here. It is our favorite place we have ever stayed!! We reserved a beachfront room, and we really were right on the beach. The room is small but comfortable, with a great king-size bed. The beach is magnificent, beautiful white sand.

The best part of all was the service. Every person who works there was incredibly friendly, attentive, and thoughtful. I even had to change my reservation a couple times, and they were very patient with me. The restaurant has GREAT food, especially the breakfasts. We also really liked the crowd that was there. They all seemed very relaxed and low-key. We walked along the beach and tried out many of the other restaurants and bars, and of everywhere we saw, Cabanas Tulum was by far our favorite. Can't wait to go back again someday!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Robin C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Colombia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I just returned from a very nice trip to the Riviera Maya, where I spent 5 days at this hotel. What can I say, the hotel is simply amazing. Attention is superb, all of the stuff where always checking on us, recommending from food to drinks to tours, it was excellent. Their restaurant Bistro is top quality and the food was beyond I could expect. The breakfast (which is included in the price) was very generous and omg so delicious! Special thanks to Emilio, our waiter at the restaurant who made our stay very enjoyable, very friendly guy. We stayed in a deluxe room and it was simply beautiful. The view of the turquoise waters from our balcony was priceless. The room was well appointed and made every day. We had mentioned it was our honeymoon and the room was decorated with rose petals, and we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us. I will definitely return to Mexico and will definitely stay here again. I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be in paradise and to escape all the craziness of Cancun. Tulum is the place to be and you will not regret staying here. It was a perfect beach vacation.

Room Tip: get a deluxe room in a 2nd floor, they have a terrace on the roof with a lounge bed and a beautiful...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lorelai25
Mexico
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Loved it! Great location, great food, excellent service, superb attitude. We were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and couldn't have chosen a better place. We will go back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: Go for the beach front cabanas, even the "old" ones.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We loved our stay at Cabanas Tulum. Fortunately we had ine of the newer deluxe rooms. The staff is great, from the frint desk to the maintenence and housecleaning to the restaurant staff. All very friendly and helpful, which they should be when you pay so much money. If I had one complaint, it is how the managers and owners treat their staff. On numerous occasions I some them lording over their employees and at nore than once I saw them publicly berating their staff. For such a nice place in a true paradise, I found this very unsettling. Ironically, it was these same managers, dressed far more corporately than the regular employees, that were the only ones on the entire staff who did not seem inviting and welcoming.

In the end, i would without a doubt recommend this place. I would only say that they could definitely stand to treat their employees better

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Operationwayner
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Many of us who travel to the Caribbean every year are on a quest to find the perfect beach resort. St John, Vieques, Puerto Rico, St Croix all have much to recommend them. But then you discover Tulum and the wonderful small Cabanas Tulum. If you like the beach, this is the place!

I had the great pleasure of discovering it on the week of my birthday this March. The "deluxe-superior" room we had was beautiful, the staff at Ziggy Beach restaurant was wonderful. Best of all, they threw me a little birthday party and even gave me a bottle of Champagne on my big day. I hope I'll be able to come on all my future birthdays!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple