Book now, pay at stay
US$ 323
Villas H2O(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 81
Secret Garden Hotel(Tulum)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 499
US$ 486
Agoda.com
5,309 results
All reviewsseaside grillentertainment teamworld cafecoco cafefrench restaurantkids clubpreferred clubel patiosmoothie barfire showwine cellarexplorers clubactivity poola la carte restaurantsfoam partysugar reef barvacation club
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was our 2nd trip to this location. The 1st time with our kids, this time without. It is a great resort for either. The kids love the Explorer's Club and are entertained and safe all day while we lay on the beach or by the pool and are well taken care of by Daniel and the rest of the wait staff. There was basically never a wait for any of the restaurants and the food is excellent at all of them. We ordered room service for an early morning breakfast before an excursion and it arrived hot, on time, exactly what we ordered, and tasted just as good as if we were in a restaurant. I would recommend this resort to anyone & everyone.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank andyG3600CF
E-ConciergeDRETU, eConcierge Seve at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear guest.

First of all we would like to thank you taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

It is rewarding for our team to read your kind comments, as they are the best compliment we can receive.

Our main goal is to provide an excellent quality in service and attention to our guests, and to be able to exceed their expectations.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again at your home away from home.

econcierge.dretu@dreamsresorts.com

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very Clean and Friendly Staff ...The Beach Crew was very attentive Cuautemoc ,Ana & Daniel were awesome...UVC staff of Alex Mora also attended to our Needs. Hotel was a bit Far but very well Worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms were updated and very Clean !!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank marthavpaz

Dear guest.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and the TripAdvisor community.

It is great to hear that the service delivered by our team was outstanding.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back at our resort.

Sincerely.

Seve Oy
E-Concierge y coordinación de Redes Sociales.
econcierge.dretu@dreamsresorts.com

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and two 12 year old children stayed for one night in this hotel as it was on our way to some camping experience in the jungle nearby and thought of having a little bit of luxury before hand, and boy I was impressed!!! From the moment we stepped out of our car we felt like superstars walking in the red carpet, Moises greeted us with refreshing eucalyptus towels and took us to reception, there we hand a speedy check in and were explained everything about the hotel, Eric (bellboy) took us to our room and showed how everything works. The room was very spacious and light, spotless clean and everything little detail was just perfect. The only little trouble we had was that the jets in the bath tub didn’t work, Chris (phone operator) offered to send someone straight away but we didn’t think it was urgent and told them it wasn’t any problem but to leave a note so maintenance fix it for the next guest.
By the pool our favourite waiter Manuel (a.k.a George, as we kept calling him) looked after us and I don’t remember ever having an empty glass as he kept refilling our drinks and getting special cocktails for the children.
Everyone in the entertainment team were very friendly and had lots of activities for everyone. The kids didn’t visit the explorers club as they thought they were too cool for it.
World cafe was amazing for breakfast and dinner, the bbq by the pool was excellent as well. We also tried the Seaside Grill were Juan looked after us fabulously.
Overall nothing was too much and the service and friendliness is what makes this hotel so great!!!
We loved it! We wished we could stay longer!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve G
E-ConciergeDRETU, eConcierge Seve at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for your delightful review. After reading your comments you make us feel so proud.

We put great emphasis on providing first-class accommodation, with genuine warm service; comments like yours encourage our team to make unforgettable experiences like yours.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

econcierge.dretu@dreamsresort.com

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Dreams Tulum markets itself as a "Luxury Resort", however that was not my impression after spending 5 days there in March. The resort itself is dated. I'm sure it would have been very nice 15 years ago, but most of the rooms are pretty depressing if you don't have a view to make up for the drab furnishings and overall poor craftsmanship. The bedding, particularly the pillows, left a lot to be desired. The only positives were the relative cleanliness and powerful AC in the room.

The resort is on the smaller side. Most of the restaurants are clustered around the same courtyard. There are two pools, and they are pretty dated as well. The beach area was underwhelming and a bit crowded with not a lot of area between the pools and ocean. The lounge chairs were uncomfortable, cheap, old and/or broken. Drink service was hit or miss. Also, there was a lot of seaweed that would wash ashore each morning. The seaweed smelled like, well, like poo.

The food. The food was so so sooooo lousy. I did not have a good meal at a single restaurant/buffet on the property. I've read reviews that say the food was amazing. I don't know how you could go to this resort and come to that conclusion. The preparation of food and quality of the ingredients reminded me of my public school lunches. The guacamole was a watery green slime and I'm unsure if avocados were a primary ingredient. The 1 lb hamburgers were frozen patties with a disconcerting amount of gristle. The pizza was soggy. The French onion soup, by name only, had 4 pieces of onion floating in a beef broth. Instead of steak fajitas, they had "beef" fajitas using an unknown cut of meat. The Greek Salad w/ Chicken had one olive and the chicken tasted like jerky. I don't know what the mystery fish I had was, but it wasn't very good. After two days, I just wanted to PAY for food. I thought about asking if I could just cook something for myself.

I'm not sure if this is an indictment on Dreams Tulum or all-inclusives in general, but my general takeaway is don't go unless you think Denny's is a good restaurant. If you like to eat well, you'd be better off going to a hotel and eating at restaurants you actually like.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank MaxDMV

Dear Guest.

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us and with the TripAdvisor community.

We are concerned to learn we did not completely fulfill your expectations and we deeply regret the shortcomings you encountered.

As a service oriented company, our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guest’s expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinion. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guest’s experiences play a key role in this continuous process.

Again, we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed at Dreams Tulum for 5 nights. When booking, I requested a King size bed (I'm 6'5 and need the space). When we checked in, they didn't have one available and tried to upsell us into another room with a balcony that leads to a pool. I wasn't happy about that and negotiated them down from $75/night to $50/night but still didn't want to pay that much. We agreed to stay in the room with 2 beds for one night and switch the next day. The first night we slept in separate beds, and they moved us to another room with a king size bed and it was much better.

Overall, the resort was kept very nice. The rooms are old, but they did a good job keeping them updated. The guys at the concierge desk were very helpful throughout our stay. The staff around the resort were very helpful and courteous whenever we approached them. The food in the restaurants we tried were all surprisingly very good! The resort also had fun events every night we were there, from themed dinners to performance shows. Unfortunately, we were there during "seaweed season" so the beaches weren't very nice across Tulum, which turned us off from getting in the water.

With all that said, I would have given Dreams Tulum 4 stars and recommended it to friends and family!

However, we had one issue, which is a MAJOR issue. Throughout our stay, hotel staff would let themselves into our room, while we were in the room. There were 2 particular situations we experienced.

1) The AC was leaking water from the ceiling and we called the front desk. They said they would send someone to take a look. This person showed up at our door, knocked once, then let himself in with his own keycard! This was in the morning when we woke up and were getting ready for the day, so my girlfriend was undressed getting out of the shower! I had to quickly close the bathroom door so the maintenance guy wouldn't see her naked. We then complained to the front desk about him and said he should be knocking and waiting for us to answer the door instead of letting himself in. They understood.

2) On the last evening, we came back to our room around 10PM after the dinner event the resort was throwing. As we approach our room, the door is WIDE OPEN. We panic immediately thinking if we left the door open. When we get inside the room, there are 2 hotel staff members standing in our room, hovering over our luggage!!! Note that housekeeping had made our bed and turned down the room earlier that day. We are SHOCKED about this, and felt a complete VIOLATION OF PRIVACY! The two staff members (one male, one female) do not speak English and cannot communicate to us why they are in our room. To make a long story short, I complained to the front desk manager, who was not helpful at all. She said they were providing turn-down service and it was our fault because we didn't have the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I asked her if it's normal for turn-down service to be done at 10PM, she said yes. I asked for the manager, and Oleg the Quality Manager (I forgot his last name) greeted me very kindly. He understood my situation and why we were upset. He admitted that his staff should not be doing turn-down service so late in the evening. We spoke with some friends we met at the resort, and they also experienced the same un-authorized entry into their room from multiple staff members of the resort.

I'VE NEVER FELT SUCH AN INVASION OF PRIVACY AT ANY HOTEL OR RESORT. WE DID NOT FEEL SAFE IN OUR OWN ROOM AT DREAMS TULUM.

Room Tip: Call ahead with any room preferences
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank kai1ne

Dear guest.

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort.

We sincerely regret to hear that your experience with us did not live up to our usual level of service.

We have forwarded your review to our operations team, they will take your constructive feed back to improve.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again at our resort on a future occasion so we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves providing you with the service you deserve

Sincerely.