All reviews fire pit yogurt charge your phone guacamole every morning view of the ocean mayan culture tulum beach wonderful hosts stunning beach mosquito netting yoga studio watch the sunrise white sand cleaned daily your feet small pool
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

This was the second place we stayed at during our vacation and although it was still very nice, we preferred the other resort more. The reason for this being we previously stayed in a bungalow type room steps from the beach and it was amazing. Then going to Suenos, it felt more like a family hotel as there were a lot of kids and it didn't feel as private and secluded. Also our balcony had a hard, uncomfortable wooden bench and it would have been nicer if it had padded lounge chairs.

Regardless of our personal preferences, the food was amazing and the staff was very friendly. We didn't get that beach service like we did at our previous place, and although friendly, we felt slightly ignored. The room and bed was very comfortable but there was no mosquito netting and it was too hot to leave our door closed so we woke up the next morning covered in mosquito bites (I believe some rooms have the netting but ours didn't).

I would recommend this place for families as this being one of the few places in Tulum with a pool, but would prefer a different style of hotel for our next romantic getaway.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Mandarin327
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Suenos was amazing! Highly recommend it. I booked the junior suite but my husband upgraded to the temple suite. He liked the 360 degree view we had and our daughter loved the hot tub in the room. It also has its own electrical outlet so no need to worry about going to charge your phone, camera batteries or iPads. I was a little worried because I thought the rooms didn't have ac but was pleasantly surprised when they had installed them 2 months prior. Breakfast was included and it was delicious and light but we always ordered the hue is rancheros. They are amazing only delicious. They will go out of their way to please you and are very attentive. If you are looking for a major resort this is not the place for you. The pool is small but our daughter enjoyed it after being in the ocean. The hotel is very artsy and full of small details that make it the best. My husband and I will stay there again. It has been our greatest vacation thus far. Thank you suenos staff for the wonderful stay!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank janet z
Reviewed 6 July 2016

I've now stayed at Suenos twice this year because I liked it so much, and I'd happily go back again. The location is perfect - on a beautiful stretch of beach in Tulum. It's a small hotel built in a Mayan style with a lot of local art, and it's all eco-friendly. There is a beautiful garden with lights and hammocks, and a great restaurant and bar area with views of the beach and the ocean. The food is top-notch - some of the best we had in the area, and the staff are incredibly friendly.
Keep in mind there is no electric outlet in the rooms, but you can charge your items in the reception area. There is no a/c or light in the rooms during the day, but you'll likely be out and about and won't need it anyway. At night the lights and a/c in each room come on.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Vanessaki_voyage
Reviewed 2 July 2016

The family and staff at Suenos Tulum are marvelous and professional. Feel confident in their suggestions and advice regarding surrounding spots to eat, practice yoga, etc. I will definitely return and am looking forward to margaritas on a day bed overlooking the Caribbean at Suenos.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Sueños felt like a private oasis in Tulum. Our master suite had a beautiful view of the beach, staff were friendly, helpful and attentive, and unlike a lot of the other bustling hotels on the beach, the restaurant was reserved only for guests, so it was relaxing and mellow - we could go elsewhere for nightlife but retreat to Sueños for calm. We were on our honeymoon, and it was a wonderful romantic spot.

The main building is beautiful, the rooms are creatively designed and very clean and comfortable (great beds). It's all the little artistic touches that really made the place magical (and it really transforms at night). I didn't think having a pool was going to be all that useful, but we ended up really enjoying going in after getting out of the ocean at sunset. And even though it was in the high 80's when we were there (amazing breezes and air conditioning in the rooms at night made it bearable), we loved sitting around the fire in the evening and having a great cocktail!

Room Tip: Master suites on upper floors have amazing views
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple