See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 January 2017

I have real conflicting feelings about this place. It was OK for 3 days especially considering the rates of places on the beach. The staff, especially Alex and the house keeper, were great and most helpful. The neighborhood is a bit run down and noisy. On the other hand it is only 2Km from the beaches and the ruins. The kitchen was bare bones but we survived. It is very clean although long in the tooth. I can not see us visiting Tulum again for any reason but if I did I would not stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for top (second) floor.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rowland45
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Uolis Nah is a nice small hotel, with simple but beatiful accomodations and a basic breakfast. The only downside is the neighbourhood, not the nicest one in Tulum. Apart from that, everything on our stay was fine. Personnel attention is good and a problem with a lamp that we had on the first day was quickly solved.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Camila R
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Nice small 'hotel' quirky rooms, only a few rooms in it. The more expensive rooms are nice as have a hammock on the balcony but are dark as the roof comes over.

Very loud at night as it's right on the main road so heavy trucks roar past.

Annoying Cockerel!!!! So if you want to relax and sleep in or a light sleeper, maybe not a great place but if you rise early and are put a lot seeing tulum it's lovely.

Quite a walk to town, totally walkable but not just around the corner. Good, free bike rental from the hotel to get around.

For the cheaper rooms they need comfortable chairs as they have a terrace which was nice to sit in but were on upright small bamboo chairs.
Pool is very shaded and only 2 wooden chairs to sit on so not really a pool to relax around for the day.

Close to Cenotes, ruins and beach, for
All you need a bike really.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Very nice host and close to everything. Very clean rooms and good continental breakfast which was served al fresco. Free bikes to get around. Lots of great restaurants and street food close by. Very friendly staff who were always on hand to make sure we had everything we needed.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was such a relaxing, lovely place. I LOVED that they have kitchenettes! After staying at other places with either just a fridge or nothing at all it was great to be able to heat up some beans or make some quesadillas. You get a fridge, gas range, sink, pots, pans, cups, utensils.

From what I can tell there are only 6 units here so it is very quiet. The upper 3 have balconies with hammocks, the bottom ones have patios. There is a main gate that they lock at night so you will feel safe, plus there is always an employee on site to help you if you have an emergency.

The pool is very refreshing after a hot day. They have free bicycles which are very handy to go to the ruins or nearby cenotes. I recommend Cristal and Escondido, just south of town, very quiet/no crowds. Breakfast is delicious, everything you need to get your day started. Croissants, toast, bit of cold cuts and cheese, pineapple, cantaloupe, papaya, coffee, tea, and juice. Buffet style.

Even if you bring your own shampoo and soap you must try the organic honey shampoo and soap they provide in the room. Smells heavenly!

Sarah and Enrico are great hosts. Enrico gave me the tip to check out the cenotes south of town rather than the ones west on the highway. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable bed, table and 2 chairs, big shower. The safe is a nice thing to have as well!

You will be a few minutes walk from an Oxxo and a bigger grocery store, I think it's called San Fransisco. The Super Che is across the highway.

The only thing I would change would be to have a small oscillating fan for next to the bed. There is no AC which I don't really mind but the room is so big that the ceiling fan doesn't really cool you off, just kind of moves the air around. I'd rather have a small fan that hits me directly as I'm laying in bed. And maybe put some baskets on the bikes. Other than that everything was awesome and I'd stay there again!

Wifi is very strong!

Room Tip: If you want ultimate privacy stay in an upper room. Ground floor only has shutters, not curtains.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo