All reviews compared to other hotels nice breakfast would stay again close to town bicycles beach earplugs
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I would say that the hotel itself is so-so. Our unit was quite smelly because OF the kitchen sink. I Have Been in better hotels in mexico with the same price. However the most anoyning thing came with payment.

I Have booked via booking and therefore didn't Have a chance to leave, which i would do otherwise.

So the story. You should be paying lets say 50usd per night (taxes included) however there si a 10% credit card fee (??) on top of that they didnot charge the card in usd but in mxp with rate 1usd=13,6. The usual rate is somewhere around 12,8-13. You might say that the diference is really small, however FOR me this is a principle problem how to scam people of many. If you advertise 50usd charge 50usd and not any number you come up with shaded with the conversion rate.

Not cool

Not cool, i am coming to tulum again in 2 weeks and won't be definitely staying here ever again.

2  Thank AdamIvetka
pasticcione, Proprietario at Uolis Nah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

hi there,we would like to remind you , that we NEVER, we mean NEVER charge 10% fees up the amout on credit cards, but 3% wich is the bank fees, and the exchange rate, you should take the SELL rate, not the BUY rate, or just pay with dollars, otherwise if goes to the bank to buy dollars ,to pay the hotel rate, that will cost you 13.5 pesos for each dollar you need
we don't overcharge to nobody
enrico mangiapelo
uolis nah hotel manager

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Spent 3 nights with my wife there,
The rooms are tidy and clean, breakfast is ok, and the price is more than reasonable compared to the beach resorts.
All the staff were very nice to us!
Enrico the manager replied my emails promptly and although we never met, he was very kind and helpfull :)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arielo11
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We spent a nice week in Tulum and enjoyed our stay in Uolis Nah. It's a cool little place, a small jungle hotel and you get to have a relaxed stay here. Don't expect a luxury hotel - I guess a lot of people who have complained about stuff here have set their expectations very high. For the price you pay here, you'll get a decent deal. But yes, it's a little bit on the wild side being on the edge of town - you have geckos running around near your breakfast tables, you hear birds singing (and sometimes screeching loudly) just outside your window at 5am, and your windows are covered with only a mosquito net, which means a fresh breeze is wafting in all the time. Mind you - if it's a wet season, bear in mind that all the humidity also gets inside. There are no double glazed windows or a/c to keep it out (at least not in the standard rooms downstairs), but if that's what you want, I think you should be really looking more towards a resort type of a place here.
Uolis Nah offers you a more authentic experience, staying both close to the nature and also close to local people, not just other tourists in the hotel zone. Tulum town is close by, an interesting place with some real character and not without some charm if you bother to look. You can get free bikes from Uolis Nah to cycle to the town, to the beach, to see the ruins or swim in the cenotes... and you will just love it because you feel a part of it.
People were friendly and helpful, all in all we had a great stay here!

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Applefee
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 10 nights here with my five year old son.

Originally booked at the Parayso hotel at the beach but left after one night and happened upon this place.

Only has six rooms, good sized with a double and single bed, kitchenette, diner and terrace/balcony. Room had a ceiling fan that was more than adequate but in the hotter months may be worth paying extra for an upstairs room that has a/c.

Owned by a very nice Italian guy that is helpful and knowledgable about the surrounding area and is managed by a Mexican couple with two cute girls.

It is within a short walking distance of three large supermarkets and about a 10 minute walk from the Tulum downtown strip. 5 minute drive from the beach, tulum ruins and Xel-Ha.

Being at a hotel on the beach sounds attractive but the price/quality ratio is not in your favour and Uolis Nah ticks all the right boxes.

If I had to critize something it would be that the pool is a little cold and could do with a clean more often, but with the beach so close, who cares....

Would definitely recommend this place based on price, quality, location and value for money.

Enjoy

2  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 25 August 2013

When we arrived in the concrete stacked houses of Tulum we were worried we booked one of those soulless, sad hotels built in the seventies... Not at all!

The hotel, beautifully structured in small round very comfortable bungalows (the kitchen in case of rainy days is a life saver!) is very well located, incredibly beautiful and incredibly comfortable.

Breakfast was also very very good (toasts with jam, brioches, yogurt, fruits, coffee or tea..great!) .

We also booked this hotel because the price was great compared to other hotels on the beach and we wanted to experience many different beaches (we did). The hotel offers free bikes to reach the beaches (+- 10 min ride) so we took two bikes and enjoyed very much the trips through the beautiful wilderness. We especially recommend asking the hotel staff for the 10% off coupon for the "La vita é bella" beach, it was definetly our favourite!

The cherry on top of the cake is definetly the manager, a very sweet, welcoming nice italian man with loads of great advice on what to visit, where to go, how to reach the best beaches etc! When we experienced two days of heavy rain he was nice enough to give us great advice on where to go and what to do... Definetly precious advice!

Out of the 6 hotels we stayed in Mexico, this is the most satisfactory quality/price deal we got.
We plan on going back to Mexico in 2014 and staying again in this hotel

I would like to emphasize that at first I was afraid of booking this hotel because I red some negative comments (booking, tripadvisor).. Now that I've been there and it's by far the best place in Mexico I visited I would like to put to perspective the "issues" some commenters found comparing it to our own excellent experience:
- there is some noise outside because the hotel is on a street but it's really not much and stops at night. I'm a very light sleeper and out of five nights in the hotel I wore home made (with cotton) earplugs only once and always slept like a baby!
- the breakfast we had was not as "incomplete" as the one described in some comments, so the hotel must have definetly made some changes.
- Wifi always worked for us, even under a heavy storm
- Neighboorhood is cool, no "security" issues whatsoever (seriously, the people who wrote these comments on the neighboorhood security should not have gone to Mexico in the first place)
- about the insects: I'm sorry but are you people not getting you're going to Mexico and not Brussels? Of course you're going to see little geekos when going to a place immersed in nature such as Tulum! If you're too scared just stay at home! We stayed in a 4 to 5 star hotel in Isla Mujeres and still got some little bugs... It's just the way it is!

Room tip: If you're a light sleeper (like we are) ask for a quiet room.
Date of stay: August 2013