“Cheap resort!”
Review of Hotel Diamante K

Hotel Diamante K
Ranked #30 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 20 September 2015

For who's looking for a resort but don't want to spend a fortune!!
I should define Diamante K as a cheap resort cause it has all the features of a resort: bungalow, white sand, charmy corner in front of the see!
the bungalow I've been was a tiny one but cozy, private beach where you can have yuor drink sitting on the beach chair.
the structure has a restaurant / cocktail bar where I had the breakfast which was fairly good but not cheap.
the staff is nice but sometimes looks like they do not want to be bother.
the hotel has a bike rent service which is a plus if you wanna visit the downtown or visiting the close tulum ruin.
In the night there is not electricity but just candle light
Price: around 80 us dollar for 1 night shared bathroom...surely on the cheapest in the neighborhood!
t

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Davide F
DiamanteK, Gerente at Hotel Diamante K, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Hi Davide,

We are glad to know you had a good experience with us.
Thank you to take your time and leaves us a review. It helps us a lot to explain our concept.
Hoping to receive you again at our place.

Best Regards,
Diamante K

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Diamante K

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Walked in off the street and paid 600pesos a night for beach bungalow - Anita and male colleague very friendly and welcoming (thanks!) Rest of staff seemed very uninterested in the guest experience. As per other reviews, the 'hippy huts' are 'rustic' with access to shared shower and toilets. Rooms are basic, with bed and mosquito net, although beds are very comfortable. Daily maid service. Bath towels and beach towels provided daily. Refers to fans in rooms although no sign of one in mine.

The nights can be warm, so best to sleep with window open to catch the ocean breeze (there is night security). Room also has room safe for valuables. Make sure you take insect repellant, as the rooms are wooden slates, with plenty of space for bugs to come through.

No lighting in evenings, candles in rooms - adds to ambiance. Only one power outlet.

These rooms are referred to as 'hippy huts' with good reason, there is limited privacy, people can see into your room at anytime. Shower is communal, so either shower in your bathers or wait your turn - I found everyone at the time respectful of each others space. Toilets were kept clean. Hot water.

Lots of workers, working to keep the place clean, including removing seaweed from the private beach.

Only negative would be the restaurant and customer service in general of the staff. Service is extremely lacking. They seem to favour serving some people as compared to others, for example the table next to me would be served, but I would have to go to the bar, be ignored by the barman until I asked the cashier about a drink. I would have to ask to order food and go to the cashier for the bill. It was very odd service. Exceptions were Alan (he was a gem) and the female cashier (sorry I can't remember her name), both were friendly. Restaurant is pricey for the quality and missing in action customer service - you pay for the view. Prices much cheaper in town.

Taxi - 70pesos to town
Can hire bikes
To walk takes approx 45 minutes

Wifi works in communal areas - not in the room. Lots of space to relax with hammocks and beach lounges. Private beach (staff would work daily on removing seaweed) and the public beach is only a 3 minute walk away.

Place seems more set-up for couples. Would I stay again? Maybe, depending if the price was right and I wanted direct cheap access to the beach. Disappointing that for such a friendly country, it wasn't demontrated in their level of customer service towards guests making for a very underwhelming stay (hence average rating).

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucy F
Reviewed 11 September 2015

So first off, the location of this place is drop dead gorgeous and just magical to say the least. I stayed solo in the "hippie hut" complete with a bed, mosquito netting, a chair, a small plug in fan, and some towels. Its hard for me to really diss this place too hard because I did get the room 40 percent off, but still I felt like for what I paid it just wasn't really worth it. Yes the scenery and backdrop of the place is amazing but the facilities are just a little too rustic for the price. If the room I stayed in had a better fan, maybe a little more security and a couple other amenities then I would have no problem. Also I went there solo and even though I was gone the full day I was there, it just does not seem like a solo friendly place to stay... From what I could tell when I was there 99.9 percent of the guest were couples, which I understand completely, I just can't recommend it for a solo traveler just stopping through. If this place had cheaper accommodations I would have been more inclined to write a way better review. Also the first night I stayed, there was the most intense lighting and thunder store I have ever experienced in my life... I actually felt kind of scared for my life, thought the little hut i was in would blow over or get struck by lighting at any moment. On top of that, the same night I was having some stomach problems so I was running through the storm back and forth a few times to the communal bathroom with no light in it. Still, looking back on it, it was a very memorable experience that I did enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicholas R
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I think it's because I have travelled around India and Thailand that the price of a beach hut without electricity, air cone and private bathroom shocked me in Tulum. If I hadn't been to any of those places, I might have been more enchanted with this very pretty place. There is little doubt that Tulum is stunning. I also really enjoyed the shared bathing experience, it felt ritualistic standing in a hut with others in candle light. The rooms was cramped but pretty, though lack of a fan or air con really did make sleeping a challenge. The bar/restaurant was virtually deserted the night we stayed so as a night out of the chaos of life was fine, but probably not enough for me after a few nights. We walked the beach and Diamante K was one of the best sites we saw though.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank RebekahB

Hi Rebekah,

Many thanks for your opinion and suggestions, each comment helps us to know our guests and improve our quality service.

Regarding the electricity, please note that it is turned off at 11 pm because we are an ecological hotel in order to colaborate and mantain our national park and their species, specially with the marine turtle spawning. This is one of the most interesting natural phenomena. Once the little turtle is ready to leave the nest, wait until evening or night to leave it and begin their race to the sea, where they will reach instinctively for being the brightest spot on the horizon.

We are glad to know you had a good stay at our place with your family.

You are wellcome to visiting us anytime

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

we stayed in the tatick room for four nights and we payed around 800 dollars. the room is very big with a nature rock floor, the bed is hanging down from the roof, the ambiance is very special and you have a great view all over the bay. unfortunately we could not load the cellphones in our rooms because no single plug worked and two lights were also broken so it was very dark in the evening and going to the toilet without any flashlight was impossible. the stuff in the restaurant wasn't very understanding as we asked for a possibility to charge the cells and after some minutes, they just pulled them out of the plugs. we adressed several times to the reception to explain them our problem, but they did not changed anything during our stay although they promissed to do. for a room we payd around 200 dollars a night, we expected more. further more, 500 pesos have been missed after cleaning and one of our backpacks have been opened and items have been moved. the diamante k has a beautiful bay and the cocktails are very tasty, but we would not stay there for another night.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple