“Magnificent food and service”
Review of La Vongola - CLOSED

La Vongola
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnificent food and service”
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I'm from NYC where I had try a lot of the Italian restaurant. La Vongola is by far the best food I've had in a long time.
It was recommended by someone at the hotel we were staying, and we are greatful she did.
We wanted to go back the following day but unfortunately it was the chef/owner only day off.
Can't wait to go back to Tulum and defenetely La Vongola would be one stops

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New York City, New York
“over rated”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Perhaps I had read all the over the top reviews, but was I not impressed. The food and the service were average. It was my impression but they have to work better on portions and quality. It wasn't bad, it's just that I have enjoyed this Restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
Tulum, Mexico
“Looking for Italian food perfection?”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This Italian restaurant is practically new in Tulum, just a couple months from opening, and it is just great. The service is provided by the owners who make it very close and personal. We ordered beer and mojitos for drinks and a carpaccio for starters, beer was cold, mojitos were just delicious and refreshing and the carpaccio was sensational!
Then went for the mains and got clams and the shellfish pasta and both dishes were flawless, the pasta is hand made and every ingredient is fresh, prepared "al dente" for a perfect result. We shared a tiramisu for dessert and it was to match everything else!
Definitively a place to go while visiting or living in Tulum!

• Visited March 2012
London
“sublime and classy”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The food is fantastic all fresh and tasty and the pasta is homemade,Luca's food is one of the best I have ever tasted,from the pasta to the dessert! I have been in many places in Tulum ,but this is simply the best! And the chef and his family are really nice people.
I know tulum since years and I have spent here many of my holidays, cause I think tulum has got some of the best beaches on the mexican caribbean ,now they even got the best food!

• Visited February 2012