All reviews yogurt ocean front included breakfast ocean breeze wake up spent nights here true paradise thatched roof tacos beach beds no air con the perfect spot casa banana magical place us dollars rooms are beautiful we loved our stay
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I'm afraid I'll have to be unoriginal and say what the other reviewers are…We LUV'ed "Luv Tulum"! This was our third visit to Tulum and the place we used to stay recently closed, so we really had to rely on availability and customer reviews to decide on a new place. Luv Tulum was a spectacular choice. We would definitely stay there again. My husband and I went with another couple, and the staff deliberately gave us our own 2 level cabana. My husband and I stayed in "Agua" on the second level, and our friends stayed below us in "Fuego". Both rooms were beautiful and cost the same, but I have to say "Agua" was definitely brighter and felt bigger, since there were taller ceilings and hatch roof. Both rooms had 2 large beds, so you could easily accommodate 4 people to a room, but privacy is minimal, especially since these are basically huts. So there's only bamboo separating you from the bathroom, but the bathrooms felt enormous! We were directly on the beach, but there was a bigger cabana that was closer to the water, I believe that one may've accommodated multiple visitors, so in the end, our cabana worked best for us. Staff was really friendly, but did ask to hold our driver's license/ID at check-in, since their copier was broken, we refused and they seemed okay with us keeping our ID. Their complementary breakfast was good, but they also offered a menu of other items if you were interested. This hotel is in close proximity to the others, so it was easy to walk around and try different places for restaurants and/or drinks. Cabs were also easily accessible. Oh, I should mention that they do offer free wifi, but it wasn't very strong -- expect to be disconnected! For me, that was a dream come true.

Room Tip: "Agua" was an excellent room on the second level. You can see the Gulf from this room!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theglorioustraveler
Reviewed 5 November 2015

This review is coming in late but I feel Luv Tulum need sto be recognized- although I almost don't want to give away my secret spot! I booked a wekk in Tulum with a girlfriend for spa/rest/relaxation. I had read several reviews here on TA and went with my gut to book Luv Tulum. SO glad I did. The 50% down payment upfront via PayPal is legit- no worries there. The hotel itself is on the southern end of the strip closer to the bioreserve and is just so relaxing and beautiful. Juan + Daisy saw to all of our needs- dresser drawer wasn't closing so they brought in a new dresser. We stayed in Amor room (which is pretty much the upstairs beach front Honeymoon suite!) and it was perfect. Waltz down in a caftan and shades for breakfast and you get the best papaya on the face of the planet, fruit, yogurt, toast coffee, eggs + bacon extra.

Days when we didn't explore or travel we would kick it under the palm trees and order fish tacos or shrimp ceviche. Everything delicious. We had booked an excursion through Freddy to go to Chitzen Itza. DO NOT MISS THIS TRIP! He leaves early- 6am- but you get there at 8 am, before tourists, school buses, or even the vendors. Freddy hands you off to an Mexican archeologist who told us SO many amazing things about this spiritual center- and we're standing there in the center with no one else on the grounds! Spectacular! Aroudn 10 am (when all the school kids have now arrived) Freddy then takes us to Il Kil Cenote, also barren of people- just us and a film scout. We stay til noon swimming then come back to Tulum.

I brought a power strip but I always do that when traveling as it comes in handy. Headlamp in Tulum helps too. Getting used to throwing toilet paper in trashcan as opposed to the toilet took me a day to get used to but that my curve to learn. :) Beautiful ocean waves and wind lulled us to sleep every night. Seaweed came up on to the beach but unlike every other property they had gentlemen out there digging it out. No rotting smell. Wifi worked just and I cannot wait to get back!

Room Tip: Amor or Paz
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank TravelinJen2015
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Luv is smack in the middle of the best Tulum has to offer. Brilliant beach in both directions, and street side you'll find the best restaurants and bars in town. You can't beat the location.

The rooms are charming, very beachy, clean, & simple. Breakfast daily was fine, and the coffee was good.

The staff were all very nice and helpful. And in comparison to similar hotels in the area, the value would be difficult to beat.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a great view of the water.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil_Travels
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

It was my second time visiting this hotel with my husband and it's always a great experience, for sure we will go back again !
It's a great place for relax and enjoy the beautiful Caribbean sea, sunrises are amazing and you can see it from your room, those views are unbeatable!
Staff is nice and available at all times. Food was great always freshly made, tacos with hand made tortillas are so good! and happy hour mojitos are refreshing and delicious!
Front desk always available to provide some information about places around to visit,their advice never disappointed!
Can't wait to go back !!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katia L
Reviewed 9 October 2015

This is the second time we stay in this hotel and our experience it's always great!

Service was awesome in the Restaurant thanks to Mau, also the Chef in the restaurant Andres made a special pasta for us with shrimp that was not in the menu and it was for so far the best we had all our trip. Shrimp coctel and tacos where also really good!

Of course there are mosquitos in the zone but with the tent that the bed has we were able to sleep without any issues during the night is recommended that you use something to protect yourself and repeal them if you are going to walk to the walking distance restaurants and stores in the zone.

Really this is a great place to spend some peaceful vacations and enjoy the Nature that Mexico has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple