Azucar Hotel
US$ 614
US$ 598
US$ 471
US$ 460
La Posada Del Sol(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$ 174
US$ 143
Piedra Escondida(Tulum)
US$ 209
Travelocity
Hotel Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$ 259
  • Breakfast included
US$ 369
US$ 147
Travelocity
All reviewsprivate cabanaspent nightsbeautiful beachrelaxing stayocean viewcabinfridgeprivacywindwavessandoscarbreezevibeshutporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I write this review as a guest who have stayed already 3 times in this property and many times in Tulum and surrounding areas, so I feel like I have a good perspective to compare and advise. Please read this review carefully as it can give you some clues as to how to best spend your precious vacation time. We have booked the hotel for 7 nights and were excited up until our first night: not only is there a constant construction on the property itself but also on virtually most surrounding properties and the owners don’t care as they are trying to maximize their earnings. I am typically pretty tolerant to places that aren’t 5 star resorts but beach cabanas as I know how they are supposed to be: eco style, rustic, low water pressure, low power and it’s fine- it’s how I like it. And this is also why I kept coming to Tulum and nearby Tankah for years. It seems though like this past year my preference for this place has come to an end and this is due to a growing issue: the unimaginable greed and taking advantage of tourists at every step, not only in my particular hotel but also: extortions by police, fraud at gas stations, food poisonings, leaking sewage and construction pollution all across Tulum had taken their toll. But getting back to the subject of our review, our hotel, it is a prime example, so in short: construction noise: drills, hammers, electric saws, workers, worker’s music, workers cigarettes all day every day starting at 7 am(I am not even exaggerating). At night, loud music from a neighbor property-about 5 meters from our bedroom. I have measured the noise and it was 70 decibel, so you can imagine what does it mean when this noise continues up to 3 am and then construction starts at 7. After a series of our complaints to the caretaker (the owner is naturally never there) the noise was one night stopped at 1 am. Then we had probably about 2 nights of relative quiet except for all day construction. As a result, no rest, no pleasure, no relaxation and certainly no desire to come back. I am writing this to warn other travelers because the owner just doesn’t care- they know there will be other losers who will come and pay 160 a night before they realize that there is something wrong- be it noise or other issues, once a dishonest owner always a dishonest owner. To be fair, after my many complaints they agreed to refund us for 1 night and offered 2 nights gratis when the new hotel is built, but my vacation was already ruined and I am certainly not coming back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Azucar could be a very nice hotel but it is currently uninhabitable due to very loud construction going on right next door. We were booked there for the whole week of our vacation hoping for some peace and quiet. We had to leave as our nerves were shot from chain sawing, jack hammering, pounding etc. The owners would not refund us any money and now have contacted booking.com and told them we were a "no show"!!!!!! Now we are unable to review the property on booking.com This is very frustrating. Please cancel your reservations and try to salvage your vacation if you are planning to stay here. I am so very disappointed that there is no simple human decency in these interactions and that the hotel owner is now making the fradulent claim that we were never there. Urgghhhhh!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamar Z
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Stayed Feb 3-10 and had a mixed bag. First, the beach starts as soon as your “porch” stops! There are a couple of swings on the property that face the ocean we tried to use every night. The room was as advertised, very comfortable and was kept clean every day by Marta! There was construction on one side during the day that was loud. The manager Luciana was helpful, but there was only so much she could do to tell them to stop.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I stayed here for two days for my birthday in November 2016, was a very quant little place and the staff were friendly. The place is very tired which makes it feel more rustic compared to the more classier resorts in Tulum. It has a central location on the beach and amazing views. I am glad we stayed but wouldn't return.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We Spent 2 Nights in The Arrecife Room @Azucar Hotel. The Location is absolutely amazing Directly on The faboulous Beach of Tulum with white Sand and crystal clear Water.

The Cabañas are Quite simple But Nice. What could be improved is The privacy of The bathroom and Toilett and The possibility To store things. A few hangs on The wooden Walls would help. Unfortunatley The fridge in our Room did Not work and The towels were Not changed After The First Night. All in all The Location is as best as You Can get and The Rooms Are also quite Nice and simple.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends