Hotel Posada 06 Tulum
US$ 104
US$ 392
US$ 588
US$ 530
All reviewsvery nice hotelthe main dragair conplace in towntwo blockswalking distancefront desk staffcoffee machinerooms are spaciousbudget hotelsmall poolado bus stationconvenience storecomplimentary breakfaststayed here for nightsdowntown tulumwi fi
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Really nice quiet hotel in the center of Tulum. My friend and I stayed for a week and it was the perfect base, from here we did Coba ruins, Tulum ruins, multiple trips to the beach and the Tulum New Years Eve Maya Heart festival.

The rooms are comfortable and clean with nice bathroom and air con and a fan. The only slight disappoint was that the TV had very limited channels but truthfully if you are in Tulum you shouldn't need to be watching TV! The Wifi was also slightly patchy but worse ways you just have to sit at reception to use it.

Perfect location just minutes walk from the bars and restaurants in the center and only a 5-10 minute taxi to the beach. Alex who runs the hotel is a lovely and accommodating host who is always happy to help with whatever you require, he speaks perfect English and is usually on reception 12pm-8pm. Also the breakfast is really nice offering variety and freshly cooked hot food.

Also a very nice touch - we booked for 11 nights and could only end up staying for 7, we tried numerous times through booking.com to get a refund before we traveled but as they have a strict cancellation policy they told booking.com several times they would not refund this. HOWEVER they then said to us if they were able to rent the room for the days we were not occupying they would offer us some money back. When we arrived Alex immediately brought this up with us and was able to offer us a 10,000 pesos discount. Obviously we had no idea if they had rented the room or not and it was a nice touch to be honest about it and offer us the money.

All in all a great experience, I wouldnt listen to Karen F's review.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Very disappointing experience at this hotel and I must warn fellow travelers against going here. My husband and I only spent one night here and it was one night too many! Having been in a car crash a few days before I was suffering from severe whiplash and the bed was so hard there that it got a lot worse. So I told the receptionist politely that I wanted to change hotel because of these worsening back problems. I understand that there was a tough cancellation policy but was still shocked that they charged us 7 days full price for one night. The manager didn't even answer the poor receptionist's phone call and clearly just didn't want to bother with it. It is high season so they could easily rent the room out again and I would have expected some kind of discount just as a matter of courtesy. The receptionists btw don't speak English.
Additionally this hotel is far from the beach in a dark alley so if you want a beach vacation don't go here as most beaches in Tulum are private. We also had no internet during our short stay. I can't say if breakfast is good because we were 10 minutes late so they didn't serve us. Flexibility and this hotel haven't met each other yet. What a shame!

Stayed: January 2016
5  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 21 December 2015

I had an occasion to stay at the Posada 6 hotel in Tulum in November. The hotel was quite nice and the room and surroundings were all clean and quite comfortable. However, what really impressed me was the service I received when I inadvertently left some souvenir gifts in my room. I did not discover my error until 3 days later when I was repacking my suitcase to return home to the U.S. Thinking I would never see the gifts again, I travelled home with a heavy heart.
After I returned home, I emailed the Posada 6 and asked if my gifts were there and imagine my surprise when the answer was “yes”. Not only that, after I gave them my address, they were able to make arrangements to have my gifts sent back to me via DHL so that I would have them in time for Christmas. I was able to send postage via PayPal. Since there was no DHL in Tulum the staff had to go to a neighboring town to ship my package.
These folks went above and beyond my wildest expectations. I am very grateful that everyone at the Posada 6 in Tulum was so very conscientious and willing to make all the extra efforts necessary to get my purchases back to me.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Only stayed for one night while visiting the ruins; wish we could have stayed longer. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Lovely rooms. The polished concrete floors and furniture was surprisingly comfortable. Loved walking on the floors!

Most small hotels with "breakfast included" often make you wish they weren't. So not the case here. We had a choice of made to order ham and cheese omelet or pancakes, and there was a nice fresh fruit, yogurt and granola bar too.

Room Tip: All rooms face the courtyard pool. 6 on the ground floor and 6 on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This hotel was clean, well equipped with Wi-Fi, safe, tv, fridge and you feel safe. Most important, walking distance to our dive shop and most restaurants, stores, etc. You would need to take a cab to the beach if you wanted to spend an afternoon or evening there. If you are visiting Tulum for a dive trip this hotel is very good. We stayed for 10 days.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends