All reviews small fridge the main drag very nice hotel walking distance front desk staff rooms are spacious budget hotel two blocks bike rental ado bus station complimentary breakfast stayed here for nights dive shop wi fi yogurt each morning laid back
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Very disappointing experience at this hotel and I must warn fellow travelers against going here. My husband and I only spent one night here and it was one night too many! Having been in a car crash a few days before I was suffering from severe whiplash and the bed was so hard there that it got a lot worse. So I told the receptionist politely that I wanted to change hotel because of these worsening back problems. I understand that there was a tough cancellation policy but was still shocked that they charged us 7 days full price for one night. The manager didn't even answer the poor receptionist's phone call and clearly just didn't want to bother with it. It is high season so they could easily rent the room out again and I would have expected some kind of discount just as a matter of courtesy. The receptionists btw don't speak English.
Additionally this hotel is far from the beach in a dark alley so if you want a beach vacation don't go here as most beaches in Tulum are private. We also had no internet during our short stay. I can't say if breakfast is good because we were 10 minutes late so they didn't serve us. Flexibility and this hotel haven't met each other yet. What a shame!

Stayed: January 2016
5  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 21 December 2015

I had an occasion to stay at the Posada 6 hotel in Tulum in November. The hotel was quite nice and the room and surroundings were all clean and quite comfortable. However, what really impressed me was the service I received when I inadvertently left some souvenir gifts in my room. I did not discover my error until 3 days later when I was repacking my suitcase to return home to the U.S. Thinking I would never see the gifts again, I travelled home with a heavy heart.
After I returned home, I emailed the Posada 6 and asked if my gifts were there and imagine my surprise when the answer was “yes”. Not only that, after I gave them my address, they were able to make arrangements to have my gifts sent back to me via DHL so that I would have them in time for Christmas. I was able to send postage via PayPal. Since there was no DHL in Tulum the staff had to go to a neighboring town to ship my package.
These folks went above and beyond my wildest expectations. I am very grateful that everyone at the Posada 6 in Tulum was so very conscientious and willing to make all the extra efforts necessary to get my purchases back to me.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Only stayed for one night while visiting the ruins; wish we could have stayed longer. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Lovely rooms. The polished concrete floors and furniture was surprisingly comfortable. Loved walking on the floors!

Most small hotels with "breakfast included" often make you wish they weren't. So not the case here. We had a choice of made to order ham and cheese omelet or pancakes, and there was a nice fresh fruit, yogurt and granola bar too.

Room Tip: All rooms face the courtyard pool. 6 on the ground floor and 6 on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This hotel was clean, well equipped with Wi-Fi, safe, tv, fridge and you feel safe. Most important, walking distance to our dive shop and most restaurants, stores, etc. You would need to take a cab to the beach if you wanted to spend an afternoon or evening there. If you are visiting Tulum for a dive trip this hotel is very good. We stayed for 10 days.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2015

This is a great reasonably priced small hotel located one block off of the main street of downtown Tulum. Room are very clean, the staff is there to answer all questions and make suggestions on where to eat, drink and play. If you need anything go ask Alex at the desk and he will have any answer for you. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo