“OK food, beautiful decor”

El Jardin de Frida , Restaurante
Ranked #7 of 10 Dessert in Tulum
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 7
Description: Homemade breakfasts freshly made with locally and regionally sourced products. All of our dishes are made at the moment with fresh ingredients. Natural and healthy, we try to buy most of our ingredients from local and regional organic sources, so that we can offer a healthy breakfast while helping the community and promoting fair trade. We have vegetarian and vegan options.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This spot is perfect for a cheap breakfast. I really went here for the decor which was absolutely beautiful. All the colors and greenery are the perfect setting for a photo shoot. I had the papaya smoothie which tasted exactly how I expected it to taste; fresh but kind of bland (no sugar added). I also had the scrambled eggs platter that comes with beans and rice, I told the waiter to hold the rice but I guess he didn't hear me. The presentation was simple and the rice that I didn't want looked like it had ants in it. But it was just black sesame seeds? It looked pretty unappetizing. Wouldn't go here for breakfast again, but instead for a drink and photo ops :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great small and informal restaurant with good coffee and great inexpensive breakfast. We tried to go for a lunch or dinner but seems we hit all the wrong times. We'd definitely return for more.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We came here to have breakfast and sat on the charming patio. The service was fast and attentive, but the food was average. The menu was basic. I had two fried eggs with rice, beans and green chili sauce, the presentation was subpar (not the prettiest dish I've had in Tulum) however, it was satisfying and cheap. My sister had the scrambled eggs with veggies, which she also rated as standard. They did not have water for sale, which I thought was odd, but I had a delicious pineapple juice instead. El Jardin de Frida seems like a unique and cozy place to stay (if you want to stay in a hostel) and the convenient breakfast would be good for travelers staying at the property. Overall, we enjoyed the atmosphere, but we don't plan on coming back for the food.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Called in here for breakfast as we were staying nearby and it was a great find.........I wish we were staying here!
This is a Hostal NOT an hotel so bear this in mind.
The food is all local and sourced carefully, it's all freshly cooked and is lovely and not expensive either but then nothing is expensive in this town!
Try it, you'll love it and the artwork around the place.

1  Thank HauteMedocLover
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We had a good breakfast. Smoothies are delicious. Service is very friendly and relaxed-- not speedy, but no one is in tulum.