All reviews private beach mina restaurant bigger beach beautiful hotel spa room modern fixtures welcoming drink wood accents adjoining restaurant call of duty penthouse suite electronic music sun deck organic toiletries empanadas beautiful white sand beach actual beach
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had an amazing stay at Maria Del Mar Tulum. The staff was great and extremely attentive. The hotel was beautiful and in close proximity to everything! I can’t wait until I got back

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a beach side suite that opened directly to the pool and beach. We had 3 girls on our trip, so the extra daybed was perfect for us, however I can imagine it is a perfect place for couples to stay as well. The staff was extremely helpful, and the concierge Ezekiel helped us book everything. He was amazing! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Maria del Mar was the perfect place to begin our honeymoon. Coming from NYC, we newlyweds needed a chance to relax and unwind-- everything we could ever need was available at this boutique hotel. Below is a list of why I am so pleased with our choice and why we will be returning, hopefully next year for our one year anniversary:
1. It is boutique-- not many rooms, which means the space was never crowded and the staff was always super attentive. We were able to enjoy all of the amenities when we wanted. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and inviting. No TV, but if you are in Tulum, it must be to unwind, so that's what we did.

2. The staff-- everyone we met from the front desk staff (thanks especially to Armando and Ezequiel) to the wait staff, were kind, helpful and charismatic.

3. The pool-- this was a definite plus! We had no idea that the entire section (from Cancun to Tulum) was experiencing an increase in seaweed. We learned that it is not common but a few days we were not able to head to the beach, so we happily enjoyed the pool, with cabanas lining the area and hammocks to relax on.

4. The vibe and decor-- the hotel gave very chic jungle vibes. There is a cool upper deck off of the pool area with two wooden swings and cabanas over-looking the ocean. There are beautiful lush green plants and palm trees everywhere.

5. The restaurant-- Mina restaurant was wonderful. The food was delicious and had something for both my husband and I-- the drinks were great too. I sipped on a Fresca most of the time and my Husband went with the delicious Ojo Rojas (similar to a bloody mary).

All around, it was a fantastic trip. We were well rested but still enjoyed biking to the ruins and doing other fun activities.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay completely at Maria Del Mar. the hotel is truly boutique and gorgeous to look at from every angle. The pool’s very cute and the view from the room is amazing. The room is big and very clean and tidy, with big windows directly facing the pool and beach. Worth the price and I’d say price’s very reasonable. Hotel staff are all very friendly and responsible. The only thing is July is the most humid time of the year, and the seaweed was so much in the sea, and winter might be a better time to visit. Id definitely want to go back again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

From the moment we walked in to checkout our experience at Maria Del Mar was wonderful. Armando at check-in was pleasant and explained everything to us and gave us a complimentary cocktail.

Our room was beautiful, clean and AC was working just fine. The pool area and the top deck area were also lovely. Super clean and relaxing. The hammocks throughout the hotel and cabanas were a huge plus.

The beach did have sargassum seaweed but that is something impacting most beaches in area and Caribbean. We were totally fine with just the pool and saw workers cleaning up the beach as best as they could.

Lucrecia and Ezekiel from the front desk were also wonderful. Lucrecia gave the best food recommendations and Ezekiel helped us plan some activities. We didn’t want group tours. Overall we LOVED the hotel and the staff!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple