“A very hot and sweaty evening”
Review of El Tenedor

El Tenedor
Ranked #8 of 1,313 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 14 September 2017

After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided to visit El Tenedor on our visit into playa del carmen, we took the taxi to 5th walked through the tourist traps frequenting many of the stores purchasing more and more overpriced tat that our families will not thank us for and currently I have no idea how we will even get it back. So after 2 hrs of being harassed and bored of looking at more of the same key rings we become determined on locating the restaurant, being British and not familiar with the American grid system, we asked someone who told us to take the next right and then we are on 10th, which we did and we walked and walked and walked. After nearly giivng up we asked someone else who told us we was nearly there, and thankfully we was. It's a gorgeous little place, we both opted for the pizza which was amazing. So much so I brought what I couldn't finish back with me and currently eating it for breakfast. The Italian guy who was our waiter was so friendly, the atmosphere was lovely and the prices very good. All I can say is it's worth the trip, worth the walk and had we have gone earlier into our holiday, we certainly would have returned. Try it you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Zoe B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I came here for the reviews in trip advisor, and it is true. It is a very humble place you will pass it if you don't pay attention. The food is good I mean good . The prices are unbeatable, and the people is super nice, great service

2  Thank cahy b
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This place is special for many reasons... If you simply pass by, honestly you usually don't feel compelled to get in. Its facade is tidy but simple - nothing fancy at all. But the quality of food, service and prices are just fantastic! And most important: I could easily tell they have a great team: friendly people, who are constantly smiling and genuinely happy to be there. They spontaneously gave us a delicious treat in the beginning, and at the end I had to congratulate the chef. Mark my words: this business is going to grow.

2  Thank gustavomoraes0
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Situated between Playacar and Playa del Carmen, you now see why this restaurant is so highly rated on Trip Advisor. The selection and quality of food is outstanding and not reflected in the cost. Couples can eat for $30CAD and be completely satisfied. Definitely will return and try other menu items!

1  Thank carmenToronto
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I went here for a late lunch on our day of arrival to Playa Del Carmen and loved every aspect of our experience!!
Great staff and service, lovely decor, delicious food and wine.
The pizza is huge and delicious, the eggplant parmigiana is super tasty, the accompaniments of bread and Limoncello were a lovely addition. Thank you El Tenedor..thoroughly enjoyed every moment!!