1,234 results
All reviews rooftop pool catch restaurant the main hotel tequila tasting beach hotel amazing hotel luxury hotel sister property light sleeper beach access would highly recommend this hotel coco bongo the entire staff special thanks tacos our honeymoon cinco
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Thompson Hotel in Playa del Carmen met all my expectations. Cleanliness, service and rooms in general were so nice and comfortable as well as the staff. I truly enjoyed during my stay there. Therefore, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlos C, Gerente at Thompson Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear vujicvelimir,

Thank you so much for such a beautiful review of your stay with us at Thompson Playa del Carmen. We are truly thrilled you appreciated all the details of the hotel including service and cleanliness. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Carlos Carreon
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel Thompson Playa del Carmen It’s just the perfect place amazing Ocean view
the rooms & pool at the rooftop is wowwwwwww
But the most important is the service that you get which there is no replacement for especially if sinahi around you’re in good hands she is the best

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Although the staff is excellent, the hotel, bar and restaurants are all sub par here. If you are going to Playa Del Carmen stay at the other Thompson, this one isn't up to par. Its a case of over promising (pics on website) and under delivering

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlos C, Gerente at Thompson Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear 572ron,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay at Thompson Playa del Carmen. I'm truly very sorry to hear about these issues you experienced and will be sure to share this with the various teams. I can assure you that we would have done everything we could to make it better as we never like to hear when a guest leaves disappointed. I would like to discuss these service issues with you further, and I hope that we can turn this around for you and welcome you back again in the near future. You can contact me at ccarreon@thompsonhotels.com.

Carlos Carreon
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wonderful location, we went to both 5th street and the beach locations and they are both excellent, guaranteed not to dissapoint!! Beautiful rooms,staff is awesome, so helpful and they aim to please. I would highly recommend this hotel, cant wait to go back.

Date of stay: February 2018
4  Thank crissells
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Went for a girls trip and had an incredible time!! Loved that the hotel was in the middle of all the action but you still had access to the beach at the other hotel. The only issue (which is not the hotels fault) is that you hear the loud thumping of the club music from the surrounding clubs until about 4am. We also were charged an extra fee for having more than 2 people in the room which we found out about at check in and came as a bit of a surprise. But overall the experience was perfect and I would definitely stay again!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends