15 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.comUS$ 190
eDreamsUS$ 181
getaroom.comUS$ 213
11,144 results
All reviews sports bar a la carte restaurants fondue platinum suite mama mia platinum area chill out bar laguna villa la fleur platinum pool the grill sunset buffet days in advance las olas private pool seafood free room service
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2021 via mobile

I brought my family for Halloween and allow it was 2 weeks after hurricane zeta. This place was a total mess. The check in at this hotel has never been good but this time it was extra bad. There was only around 100 people at the hotel. Even with expedia gold (witch usually gives meny upgrades including early check in) we did not get our rooms until after 3:30. This hotel was not ready to open. None of the amenities where open. One restaurant and two bars. They should have advised everyone when booking that nothing was open. Having just come from the Barcelo Maya Palace for less money and better service we were extremely upset. This place was our favorite for meny years. I don't see us ever coming back!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Community Manager Princess México, Otro at Grand Riviera Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 635vincec,

Thank you for your review at Trip Advisor platform.

We have carefully noted each point you raised and would like to apologize for the experience which left you with dissatisfaction. We will share these comments with the management.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 20 January 2021 via mobile

We stayed there in January and I would say it was only 10-15% full due to COVID. It was nice because service was fast and you never had to wait for a drink. The negatives were that not everything was open(restaurants, sports bar, etc). The overall resort does need to be updated. There were tiles falling off in the pool, rooms were not updated although the beds were very comfortable. The food at the restaurants was good, at least better than other all inclusive resorts we have stayed at. The platinum upgrade was definitely worth it and the best waitress at the whole resort is Margarita. She worked on the beach and at the platinum pool and was the best! Always had fresh drinks for us and was really funny! Overall great resort, just showing it’s age and need for updates.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear mattm21890,

Thank you for leave us a review in Trip Advisor.

We have noted all your comments and suggestions which I will constructively use to improve our services and facilities.

In other hand, we are so glad to read, you enjoyed the service of Margarita, she will be very happy to hear your nice comments. We will be glad to share your comments with our Management; the recognition is the best recompense to the daily effort.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

I stayed here in mid December 2020. It was an excellent trip. The hotel is taking covid seriously, without infringing on the overall enjoyment of the resort. All the workers wore glasses and face masks, luggage was disinfected upon arrival, even car tires were disinfected. Guests had to wear face masks in closed in areas such as the buffet and restaurants. The service was incredible. By far the best we’ve had in Mexico. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and luxurious. The beach was beautiful, they are taking care of the seaweed issue nicely. Even some good snorkelling if you go out far enough. The food was excellent. Highly recommend the French Restaurant and Steak restaurant. The buffet was also very delicious with a good deal of choice.

We booked a cenote and snorkelling with dolphins excursion through the hotel and it was wonderful. The guides were very helpful, and super fun. And it was a nice small group and they were all lovely.

We really enjoyed our holiday and would highly recommend it. You feel very safe there and taken care of.

Date of stay: December 2020

Dear chloev762,

We would like to thank you for choosing Grand Riviera Princess as your holiday destination during your visit to Riviera Maya.

We are pleased to know you had a delightful stay with us and that we were able to fulfill all your expectations. We strive in having a great ambiance to satisfy all the needs of our valued guests, so we are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to host your holiday and hopefully you will provide us an opportunity to host your holiday once again.

Reviewed 4 January 2021

Truly disappointed with having to argue with the front desk staff regarding the number of people I paid for upon arriving at the front desk. We were a party of 3. 2 adults & my 15 year old daughter. I paid $1400 per person for this trip (including $1400 for the 15 year old child). I had proof of this, however, trying to explain to someone who speaks broken English & I don't speak Spanish... they said I owed for the 15 year old & held my passport hostage until paid it. At first they said it was $200 that I owed. My return to the front desk a few days later to settle the issue, the manager changed it to $700! I down right said "I will NOT pay $700, for a total of $2100 for a child!!!!" This made no sense to me, my daughter weighs 90 lbs. & doesn't drink alcohol and can't use the teen club because it's closed... why am I paying more fora child?

After spending a few days at the resort & talking to other parents at the pool. It became a common occurrence that we all had the same story about our children being double charged!!! What sort of scam is this?! I've stayed in this area 4 other times & included my children in the reservations and have never had an issue like this at any resort. Another parent of 2 said they were charged an extra $700 for 2 children. There were a few others that had the same story & to say the least...we were raging mad about it.

I will be checking with my credit card company about them running a scam or fraud... to see if they are actually allowed to hold my passport hostage until I paid them extra. To me, it sounds against the law... but who knows what the law is in Mexico?

We tried to enjoy our trip which included a milestone birthday for myself. It also included New Year Eve which was hyped up and ended up to be so boring. They said entertainment began at 6 pm - 2 a.m. We sat there for 4 hrs. & literally had 2 acts dance for 5-10 min. with an hour in between. There was also someone walking around on stilts. We left early because they just played music when an act wasn't on.

I would give the vacation 0 stars for the extra charge. Otherwise it would be 3 stars. Food not 5 star, drinks watered down, The best food there was the steak tacos next to the pool from 11-5 pm.

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank jessicar239
Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

Nice resort, the grounds and landscaping were beautiful! Beach was clean, great entertainment/activities and staff. The food was not good at all.. although we only ate at the buffets..reservation restaurants may have had better food.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Community Manager Princess México, Otro at Grand Riviera Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Dear Spencer2021,

Thank you for leave us a comment of your recent stay at the resort.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed of the service and facilities. In other hand, we have shared your comments about the food with our executive Chef in order to review the food that we serve at the restaurants.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you again.