We traveled to the Rosewood Mayakoba in mid-June for our honeymoon. We had just come from our destination wedding location at the Secrets Silversands. Coming to the Rosewood was simply an Amazing experience and we could not have asked for a better honeymoon.
From the moment we arrived we felt special and welcome. We stepped out of the car and were greeted by frozen Chaya Mojitos which were one of the most delicious drinks I've ever had! Then we were taken by boat on the lagoon to our suite. At first, my husband was skeptical about staying on the lagoon, but the moment he stepped on the boat those fears were quickly swept away. We were greeted by a concierge butler standing by our private plunge pool. The room was amazing and we took advantage of our private HEATED plunge pool daily!
We spent the sunny days by the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. It was breathtaking. The service by the pool was fantastic and the little "surprises" made our day! They are always bringing fresh bottled water around and keeping it in cool ice for you! Bottled water is complimentary throughout the resort (another great perk!)
The food is amazing at both restaurants, however we loved Case Del Lago's mushroom truffle ravioli as an appetizer and enjoyed it every other night! We constantly asked for Mauro to be our server as he provided excellent service and made us feel special while we were celebrating our honeymoon.
The breakfast buffet is fantastic and there are so many options. The green juice is delicious and so are the chicken enchiladas!
The only thing to be aware of is the price of the food. It is a bit pricey, however we felt that we were on our honeymoon and it was worth the expense. It is similar to dining at an expensive steak house nightly (i.e., Capital Grille, Morton's, etc.).
We took advantage of the Spa during a rainy day. This was a splurge (but well worth it!!)...we did the 4 hour couples retreat and it was the best thing we have ever done. The spa facilities are immaculate and definitely serene.
We would love to return to this resort one day... (after we visit some of the other places on our bucket list!) But, this is a must go!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen