I stayed for 3 days in the dorm. It was great. Everybody gathers outside around dinner time so it is pretty social. About 10 people that party head out, the rest head to bed. I found it very quiet until about 3am when the party people came home, but the noise was short lived. While there, I found the dorms clean, had hot water, and the mattresses seemed new and were of the pillow top variety. The staff was friendly. And as for location - couldn't get any better! I rented a lounger on the beach (50 pesos) and sat all day and read. It is a quick 45 second walk back to the room for anything -bathroom, sunscreen, beer.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Popol Vuh, one of the first affordable accommodation, nestled in the best location in Playa del Carmen. Half a block from Fifth Avenue and steps from one of the best beaches in the city. But being in the best location does not make it noisy, on the contrary, Popol Vuh is an oasis that will make you forget you are in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The garden surrounded by palm trees will offer you a feeling of peace and tranquility you are looking to relax. We have a kitchen that has everything you need to prepare your own food, as well as to organize a barbecue grill in the garden and a speaker where you can connect your iPod or any device and become the dj. We do not have a pool, but ¡hey!, remember that the beach is just a few steps. We have 2 wireless networks so you're always connected through to your mobile, laptop or tablet. At the reception you can print your boarding passes or anything you need. You only have to ask. Our staff will be always thoughtful to your needs and will provide you with the best tips for you to know the best places in town, you can reserve and buy any tour with them. Popol Vuh is for all types of travelers, whether you're traveling alone, with family, with friends or family. Our restaurant bar is located right in front and you can enjoy a wide variety of traditional Mexican dishes, cold beers, margaritas and enjoy your favorite sports. We have 14 private rooms, we have a place for everyone. There are six rooms with air-conditioning, cable TV, private bathroom and minibar; Three cabanas with private bathrooms and fans and five cabanas with fans and shared bathroom. Service daily cleaning and parking for up to three cars (if previously requested). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HostelWorld so you can book your Popol Vuh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Popol Vuh Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Bed And Breakfast Popol Vuh
- Popol Vuh Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen