Hotel Cielo
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$ 329
US$ 258
Barcelo.com
US$ 715
US$ 303
US$ 395
US$ 285
Aventura Mexicana(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 87
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$ 826
US$ 702
US$ 245
US$ 179
Official Hotel
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$ 556
US$ 403
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$ 916
US$ 634
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$ 830
US$ 791
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$ 1,444
US$ 940
Hotels.com
All reviewsrestaurant downstairsrestaurant carboncitoschose hotelthe hotel's restaurantquaint hotelbalcony roomado bus stationmexican charmstreet noiserooftop barhot waterrestaurants and shopsbeach towelslocation was perfectfifth avenueceiling fanminute walk to the beach
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have stayed at hotel Cielo (Santa Barbara) quite a few times thru out the years and have never been disappointed. The location is excellent, one block away from the beach and in walking distance of everything. The hotel is always clean, safe, and decorated so authentically. Steve and the Staff at both the hotel and the restaurant downstairs "Carboncitos" are always willing to please with impeccable service and outstanding authentic Mexican food.
The owners continue to maintain the hotel which is always impressive but now they have the "best beds ever"!
I go down to Playa every year and every year I stay at Cielo because of the hospitality and the fact that it's so inexpensive.
You cant go wrong at hotel Cielo.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you agallo for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay yet again & had a great vacation experience. We do get better every year & we will continue to improve for the comfort of our guests. And yes, we do have the best beds ever.....I finally just bought one for my self, so comfortable. We know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen, so thank you for continuing to choose Hotel Cielo & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the sunny Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I think that I would give this hotel 2 stars if their prices were higher, but since they are so inexpensive, I'll notch it up to three. My biggest gripe with the place is that the rooms (we stayed in two) look really run down.. There were holes in the ceilings, in the walls, funky smell in the room. The staff is very nice though and the location is close to the beach and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dcast79
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you dcast79 for you review. We are truly sorry that you thought Cielo is just OK. We really dislike getting a review like this because we take it personally & especially that your comments are inaccurate. I guess we can not make everyone happy...... but you can be sure that we will always do our best to do so.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I stayed in Playa and got rooms at Cielo based on reviews from others on this site. The staff and owner Steve blew our expections totally out of the water. All the reviews said this place was really good, and when we got there it was almost like being at home away from home, because of all the service that they gave us..
Cielo hotel was one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at. For the price you can not get a better place to stay in the whole city of Playa. It is just seconds from the beach and you can see the beach and ocean from their roof top, which soon will be a bar on that roof.
If you need any information on any thing else to do in Playa ask Miguel at the front desk or the owner Steve and they will be very happy to help you with whatever question you have.
Again if you are looking for a place to stay in Playa, the Hotel Cielo, would be the best place for you.
When my wife and I go back there again, we will be staying at Cielo.
Thanks again to the Owner Steve and Miguel behind the front desk, and all the other workers there for all of their great service, keep it up.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you PW for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & it was a pleasure to have met you & your wife. Thank you for mentioning the service, our staff really take pride in what they do & we really appreciate the kind words. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the sunny Riviera Maya,

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel years ago when it was the Hotel Santa Barbara ...normally as the years go by the hotels get more run down, but I read that it was still really nice, so I thought I'd give it a try ...WOW...very impressed! The new owners are continually upgrading and the hotel is better than ever! The staff was also very friendly and helpful. If you want a nice place to stay in Playa del Carmen without paying a fortune I recommend the Hotel Cielo. The only downside is no pool ...but the ocean is only two blocks away!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave B
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you Dave B for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, had a great vacation experience & that you were very impressed. We like to think we are getting better as well & thank you for noticing the up keep, especially that Cielo is an older building & we will certainly do our best to continue impressing you. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the sunny Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I usually stay all inclusive. This time we wanted to do a lot of diving and tours, so there was no point in spending the extra of we weren't going to stick around the resort. I'm so happy we stayed at Hotel Cielo. We were conveniently located near the beach, bus depot, ferry terminal and lots of shopping! We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank burtsbees4me
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you burtsbees4me for your review. Sorry everyone.....I have been slacking a little with my responses....but I'm back on the job !!! We are delighted that you & your husband enjoyed your stay & had a great vacation experience. I too used be a fan of the all inclusive until I discovered Playa del Carmen....what a great little beach town, has so much to offer & we are happy you took advantage of it. We know there are many hotels in Plays Del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to your return to the beautiful Riviera Maya.